free foil insulated bubble wrap for Michigan tri county brewers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
I work for a packaging company and when our bubblewrap trucks come in they are lined on the bottom with expensive foil insulated wrap.I have collected about five 72' rolls and used some on my hlt and mlt.Stopping in Cap n Cork tomorrow to pick up some rhizomes and supplies,if you want some free wrap let me know.You guys have given some great advice so I want to pay it forward when I can.

It is better insulation then foam in a can just thowing that one out there.

I would like some, I was just thinking of making a pot cozy from that stuff at home depot. I'm in Royal Oak, no where near Rochester or Macomb at the moment, but I mountain bike out at Stony and Addison though, maybe we could work something out.

What, if I may ask, do you/could you specifically do with this insulation? I just started dinking with my keezer's thermister to get it runnin by this weekend and stumbled upon this. The insulation I used around the wooden collar is reflective foam board but its rather cumbersome and not ideal. Would this stuff improve my set up? I'm in East Lansing but plan on potentially traveling to Ann Arbor this weekend.

Should insulate a keezer pretty well.when we started selling it I dug into the info on it and at most you can expect a 5 degree temp loss.I insulated the walls and floor of my bathroom with it as a test and it is the most warm room in my house.

I am out a lot on the trail during the spring and summer fizgig.So when you have a day planned just give me a heads up.

I'd love some, but I am a west sider. That said, I do have family in Birmingham. Maybe I could work something out...

Found a good solution for everyone.Cap n Cork is having a event May 4th for national home brew day.I will be there and I also will pack my car full of bubble lined insulation.That day i will notify everyone of the shirt i will be wearing and you can just come up to me and ask for some wrap.That way it is a win for everyone.

Okay guys and gals it is almost National Homebrew Day and i will be at Cap n Cork to give away some free insulated bubblewrap Saturday.Here is a pick of my ugly mug along with the shirt i will be wearing.If you leave a reply within 48 hours i will cut a length to your wish and tape a piece of paper to it with your HBT name.I will give it to you in person or leave it with Andy at the Cork.The rolls are 48" tall just need to know how much footage you desire.If you do not leave a reply it is all up for grabs.

Cheers,

Joe

IMAG0230.jpg

Back