Anyone bottle a Guinness clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIC0

Reaction score
I know it's recommended to keg it and use nitrogen but just for chits and giggles I'm wondering if anyone has ever bottled it just like any other beer and if so what was the outcome?..:confused:

If it' doesn't taste exactly like guinness no big deal just curious?

I haven't made a Guinness clone and I am not setup for nitrogen but I have kind of simulated the cascade you get with canned Guinness by using a syringe. I use the kind you get to orally administer medicine to babys/small children.

I leave at least an inch of space at the top of the glass, suck up 2 ml of stout into the syringe, hold the tip of the syringe just over the surface of the stout in the glass, blast the contents of the syringe into the glass. If you plan to try this I recommend doing it over the sink the first couple of times. I made a huge mess on my computer desk the first time I gave it a go.

You may not want ot do this if you are already getting a good head from the pour but I have a chocolate stout that I can't seem to get a decent head on no matter how I dump it into the glass. The syringe trick kicks up a nice foam and looks a little like the Guinness cascade while it does it.

I'm not sure where I read it first (on here maybe) but Guinness used to provide a syringe with their bottled stout.

I added about 1/4 lb of ovaltine to this at 10 mins left in the boil and it is some good stuff. Yes the ovaltine you mix with milk..:cross:

You get your daily dose of vitamins and a buzz all at the same time.

Back