How should I mount this pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittygouv30

Reaction score
I ordered this pump, which will be used to recirculate my HLT water for my HERMS. This upcoming weekend I am planning to build my wood brew stand much like kals at theelectricbrewery.com. As part of the planning I need some help figuring out how to mount this pump. Any ideas on hardware to clamp/attach this to the stand?

Thanks,
Corey

image-2166726934.jpg

image-160495262.jpg

Those pumps look small enough to mount directly to the bulkhead of your kettle. I've thrown arou d the idea of mounting one directly to the bottom drain and putting the ball valve after it on my HLT.

If direct mounting to the kettle isnt to your liking, look in the electrical/plumbing area of the hardware store for some pipe straps that fit the pump around the motor housing. They would be the easiest way to mount to a wood stand

Just thinking out loud... I would probably put two stainless steel, 6" nubs off each side and mount the pump off of the nubs with like conduit hangers. being that the pump is all plastic, i would want as little pressure on it as possible. I'm sure someone will come up with something more thought out though. Post what you come up with. I would be really interested in how you do it.

I have seen people use U-bolts to secure them, and that is likely how I will mount mine when they come in. I don't like the idea of putting them on the valve assembly, but that is just my opinion.

-G

I ordered this pump, which will be used to recirculate my HLT water for my HERMS. This upcoming weekend I am planning to build my wood brew stand much like kals at theelectricbrewery.com. As part of the planning I need some help figuring out how to mount this pump. Any ideas on hardware to clamp/attach this to the stand?

Thanks,
Corey

I used conduit straps from Lowes to mount the larger march pumps , but cut cradles out for under the pump.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/5837437514564241345/5842305324144752226

What kind of pumps are they?

I have that exact same pump and when I received it, I had the same question. I wanted to mount it to my brew stand. Here's what I came up with. I bought a Blichmann ball valve, attached a L shaped piece of metal to two of the screws then mounted the ball valve to the stand.
It's been working great.
image-1099991542.jpg

Yeah, do you have a link to the product site? I might be interested in adding one of these to my HERMS system as a second (and maybe 3rd) pump

Thanks for the comments thus far. I'm digging the ideas. I'll look into both the conduit straps and U-bolts. I already have my standard SS ball valve, so i'd rather not buy another one even though that Blichmann and "L" is a great idea.

The pump I ordered is from here: http://greatbreweh.com/Beer_Pump.html

I honestly have a hard time recommending this product as my experience with the company was not pleasant. There customer service has to be the WORST in the industry by a long shot. Overall I'm happy with the product as the pump is great and overall it saved me about 50$ in comparison to a march/chugger pump.

Corey

Back