It might be staring me in the face, but ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackscars

Reaction score
Is there a sticky or some other reference that clarifies all or most of the abbreviations that I find here. I am a novice and need to know some of these shorthand meanings in order to understand the posts.

If you guys want a list of shorthands concerning car repair or specifically old British car stuff let me know, but for now I am wandering in the wilderness here.:)

Thanks, Jack

Is there a sticky or some other reference that clarifies all or most of the abbreviations that I find here. I am a novice and need to know some of these shorthand meanings in order to understand the posts.

If you guys want a list of shorthands concerning car repair or specifically old British car stuff let me know, but for now I am wandering in the wilderness here.:)

Thanks, Jack

Try here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Abbreviations

Ask specifically about SWMBO in this thread. It leads to endless fun. :)

Sorry to have offended you Captain Tek. :) No "shameless advertising" was intended. I have more on my car plate through next summer than I really need, so soliciting more would be foolish.

It is understandable, but still unfortunate, that conversations on boards cannot convey humour. I ran into this early on in my participation on another board where I hang and caught some flack, but now, with just under 20,000 posts on that particular forum everyone understands my humour and they give me as much slack as the next guy.

Thanks LabRat for the link. What I was trying to look for was a glossary of technical abbreviations for some of the electrical hardware, and where else would be a better place to ask than here on an electrically oriented forum.

BTW: Please accept my apologies to everyone for having used my "first post" to bring up a subject that is forbidden. It won't happen again.

Cheers to all, Jack

Probably be easier if you have a specific acronym or acronyms you're curious about. If you ever get overwhelmed by too many abbreviations here, try sitting in on a meeting anywhere in the armed forces. It's like a different language!

jackscars said:
Sorry to have offended you Captain Tek. :) No "shameless advertising" was intended. I have more on my car plate through next summer than I really need, so soliciting more would be foolish.

It is understandable, but still unfortunate, that conversations on boards cannot convey humour. I ran into this early on in my participation on another board where I hang and caught some flack, but now, with just under 20,000 posts on that particular forum everyone understands my humour and they give me as much slack as the next guy.

Thanks LabRat for the link. What I was trying to look for was a glossary of technical abbreviations for some of the electrical hardware, and where else would be a better place to ask than here on an electrically oriented forum.

BTW: Please accept my apologies to everyone for having used my "first post" to bring up a subject that is forbidden. It won't happen again.

Cheers to all, Jack

No offense to you, my good man. It was the poster before me, who was plugging his wares here instead of on the vendors page.

Back