Polish OK Beer full pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpoc454

Reaction score
I just got a 20 pack of half liter OK Beer from Poland. A guy I know had it at his liquor store for a year and a half and the person he ordered it for never showed up.
It was stored in the case, in the dark with a pretty constant temperature.

How much is the age going to affect the taste?

It will be good enough to drink I assume. At least I can use the bottles afterwords.
thanks

I don't know much about that specific beer, but beers with high ABV% and/or a lot of hops will keep pretty indefinitely in dark cool places.

Well it tasted ok. Drinkable, Im not sure what it is supposed to taste like.
Kinda clear amber like an american beer. Has an interesting and weak aftertaste.
Anyone have an idea what its supposed to taste like ?

xpoc454 said:
Well it tasted ok. Drinkable, Im not sure what it is supposed to taste like.
Kinda clear amber like an american beer. Has an interesting and weak aftertaste.
Anyone have an idea what its supposed to taste like ?

That sounds right! It's OK beer. :p

Its more like PBR. I wonder if it is suppose to taste so blah. The bottles I have taste like cheap american beer, that was imported from poland.

Okocim or polish OK beer is normally an enjoyable beer, one of my favorites from poland. It is normally a lighter beer with not much hops taste which would most likely explain the lack of staying time after the year and a half in your friends shop. Im normally enjoy a thicker, "hoppier" beer but once in a while i do buy a 6 or 12 of okocim because when fresh it is a good beer.

Back