The "U-Brew Mark One"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbjr1960

Reaction score
Here it is finally finished, build pics will follow shortly tho I must admit I was a little lazy documenting the build. It is powered by a Brewtroller 4 Pro board, and I used Blackheart's control panel as a model.

091611123911.jpg

The start.jpg

the gangs all here.jpg

cp1.jpg

cp2.jpg

That is a Rocking rig. Do you like having the sink in the middle?

I haven't brewed on it yet as I have to run a 220 line from the box in my cave to the brew kitchen in the next room, The sink does double duty as I have the cooling lines plumbed right into the side walls of the sink and the plan is to fill the sink with ice and water to run the plate chiller. The cost on the table was $275 at the scrap yard, and I gotta tell you guys to check out the scrap yard as I got this for scrap weight price and they had five or six to choose from.

I'm surprised we don't see a lot more triple commercial sink units turned into whole brewing systems.

Am I correctly counting FOUR March pumps? Geez, automation is overkill.

No you are not! only three the other is a wayne utility pump for the chiller, I wouldn't use a march for chiller water

Very nice! You'll love the BrewTroller software. Do use the sink as one of the brewing vessels or is it just a sink? Have you posted this over at the BrewTroller forum?

The red LED's between the PID displays are wired directly to the SSRs so that they come on every time the burner gets energized so that I know how often they are cycling. I also installed a green LED right above the key and wired it to the heartbeat so I know every thing is OK (and the flashing light is cool)

cp3.jpg

cp4.jpg

cp5.jpg

cp6.jpg

wiring1.jpg

not as hard as it looks, I installed the relay board in a separate box with all the 110 to limit the wiring going up to the box. I also installed an acrylic cover so that I could see the relay lights without removing it. And used a watertight connector to run 110 from the 220 box, this way I could power up everything but the elements in my garage before it goes into the Ale House.

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

110 box.jpg

220 box.jpg

110 watertight.jpg

The fittings for the sink are from tractor supply. I am ordering a livewell screen from cabella's for the lower one to keep ice from clogging it.

cooling3.jpg

htl pwr.jpg

ket.jpg

mashtun.jpg

potguides.jpg

Back