One Step directions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubejay

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long you leave your carboy and equipment in one step solution? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

I'm planning on making beer this afternoon. I have my carboy soaking in one step right now. I actually just finished filling it to the very top moments ago.

Any info would be helpful. If I'm not making beer until this afternoon, is it fine to just leave the solution in the carboy until I'm ready to go? It is a glass carboy, and so far it is the only thing I've begun to sanitize.

Thank you

As long as it's clean when you started, most people soak their stuff for a few minutes before brewing. Of course this also depends on the type and strength of the sanitizer you're using. You'll be fine brewing this afternoon.
Many others will chime in, we love sanitation threads...;)

Okay,

I just racked from my Ale Pail (plastic bucket primary) to my carboy...

...then I rinsed the Ale Pail with hot water and used a washcloth to wipe it down. I then cleaned it with One-Step over and over and let it soak in the One-Step for a while.

So I am asuming it is sanitary at this point, however: it still reeks of yeasty beer.

Am I good to go or do I need to get rid of the smell?

DP said:
Okay,

I just racked from my Ale Pail (plastic bucket primary) to my carboy...

...then I rinsed the Ale Pail with hot water and used a washcloth to wipe it down. I then cleaned it with One-Step over and over and let it soak in the One-Step for a while.

So I am asuming it is sanitary at this point, however: it still reeks of yeasty beer.

Am I good to go or do I need to get rid of the smell?
There is a dispute on whether one-step is a sanitizer or not. IT is NOT listed as a sanitizer on the product anymore, but as a cleaner. Take that for what it's worth.

Back