What brewing app do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blawjr

Reaction score
I finally have a decent smartphone and I want a good homebrewing app....what do you use and why?

I found the phone is not the best device for brewing software. Limited real estate on the screen and LOTS of recipe data make for lots of clicking, selection menus with long lists, and a generally difficult experience. I much prefer using my ipad with iBrewmaster, it is relatively intuitive, includes lots of options, auto calculates temps and volumes, and is very flexible. I assume the same functions are included in the phone app, but again, screen size must be very limiting.

I have Ibrewmaster on my iPhone and my brew buddy has his on iPad. When brewing at my house or as in today's brew the recipes on my phone I use my phone. iPad is easier and when we can we use that. It takes a little getting used to since I didn't know a whole lot coming in but now it's easy and does pretty much all you need

I have Brew Pal on my iPhone. I've never been entirely satisfied with it. And it really annoyed me that they took out the ability to set the infusion water temperature for mashing. At 5500-feet, water boils at 200F, not 212F.

BrewR on my Galaxy S3.

I have Beersmith2 on my laptop as well. It is a way more robust application than BrewR, but I find that I like the convenience of keeping everything on my phone.

I use Brewsmith 2 on my computers and the Android app for it on my phone. I supplement with Bru'n Water spreadsheet for water calculations and the BJCP Droid App for more in depth information on beer styles.

Beersmith on Windows and Beersmith Light on iPad/iPhone. I hope that they will release the full blown version of Beersmth on the iPad soon.

Back