What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, my chocolate stout... 1 day in the bottle, lol.

ForumRunner_20121118_180533.jpg

Yeah, hopefully. My local store doesn't carry it either. Between two different stores where my in-laws live I've seen all their brews except the Pecan Pie Ale, which I am dying to try. I came up with a pecan pie ale recipe and when I searched to see if it had been done before, Clown Shoes came up. And thus began my love affair with this brewery. They're in Boston, so I should go visit them some time.

nukebrewer said:
Yeah, hopefully. My local store doesn't carry it either. Between two different stores where my in-laws live I've seen all their brews except the Pecan Pie Ale, which I am dying to try. I came up with a pecan pie ale recipe and when I searched to see if it had been done before, Clown Shoes came up. And thus began my love affair with this brewery. They're in Boston, so I should go visit them some time.

I am local to those guys if you guys want to try something let me know.

homebrewed Trappist triple ale and pumpkin ale. I added 4 ounces of Asian plum extract at bottling to each 1 and it's delicious

I enjoyed Levitation and Oaked Arrogant Bastard over sushi tonight. So glad that we are now getting Stone products! I am now enjoying a Schlafly Coffee Stout which is amazing as always.

DownTown Joe's Pale Ale. Raw diet, I claw at your face. New pizza joint, had to try it. 12 taps, no BMC, Rasputin for 4.75 a pint

Glad to have ya back, buddy! :mug:

Finally found this in a can. Love this beer when it's not lightstruck.

Isn't it so much better that way!?

HPIM1421.jpg
So much better than either the 60 or 90 Minute, really nice IPA. :tank:

Stone double bastard again..
It's so darn tasty, just hits the spot every time!!
Plus the wife loves it!
Igotsand

Started off with Unibroue Blanche de Chambly and switched to this year's SN Celebration which I finally found in North Dallas.

nukebrewer said:
That's another one I've been interested in trying, but never seem to find room in my shopping cart for it. I've never had a bad beer from Brooklyn, but is that one good?

I kept passing this one up for a while myself. I wish I had tryed it sooner. This is going to start being a regular around my house.

Anyone tried Goose Island's Sofie? All the sudden, I'm seeing Goose island beers out here in California (no doubt due to the AB Inbev buyout), but after paying $7 for Matilda and having a mediocre experience I'm not keen on springing for the others...

On mini vacation in Vegas and enjoying this porterhouse brewing oyster stout from Dublin. Nice roasted malt aroma and flavor with moderate floral hops. Monte Carlo pub has a pretty good beer selection.

Unfortunately the pubs at the north end of the strip all sell mainly A-B beers.

Going to walk over and try the pub at nyny after finishing this one.

ForumRunner_20121119_140734.jpg

Anyone tried Goose Island's Sofie? All the sudden, I'm seeing Goose island beers out here in California (no doubt due to the AB Inbev buyout), but after paying $7 for Matilda and having a mediocre experience I'm not keen on springing for the others...

I've had several of there brews at one of their locations at O'Hare while I was on layover. I actually preferred Matilda to Sofie and in fact thought it was pretty good. The Green Line Pale Ale was pretty solidas well, I thought. I don't know how recently the buyout occurred, so I don't know if I had pre- or post-buyout beer.

Tap Room Prohibition Pale Ale... nothing terribly special. My last purchase was the excellent Edmund Fitzgerald from Great Lakes. That's one that always sets me into a good mood.

Back