7.0 cubic feet chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the one that only holds three kegs in the bottom?

ETA: So, it looks like these DO hold four kegs in the bottom. May be worth getting then.

TomSD has the very same freezer. It will hold 4 ball locks on the floor without a collar I believe.

That is the price I paid for this freezer 2 years ago. It will hold 5 ball lock cornies (4 on the floor, 1 on the hump with a 10" collar.

My freezer was just delivered. Guess I'll see if I can get my coffin build done in a weekend :) Kegs will be here tomorrow. It's like Christmas in November
:ban: :ban: :ban:

I used the 7 cu.ft. GE for my build. It fits 4 on the floor and is a little tight, but it works fine. I also have a 5# CO2 tank on the floor as well. I did a collarless coffin, so 4 kegs and 4 taps is my max unless I get a smaller 3 gallon for the hump. Cpt_Kirks- there is a drain in the floor, but it don't think that a CO2 line would fit, but I'll check. My CO2 is currently inside and I want to move it into the adjacent pantry and run the line through the wall and into my keezer. I was given a 20 lb CO2 tank, which will not fit inside. I planned on snaking the CO2 line into the keezer via the coffin, but if the drain hole is big enough, I may go that route...nice thinking! I have been having issues periodically with pressure creeping with the regulator inside. Kegconnection tech. support said that moisture can get into the manifold inside of the regulator when it's housed in a cold environment and cause slow pressure creeping. Figured I would cut that problem out of the equation and use the 20 lbs cylinder for the keezer. I will then get another single body regulator and use the 5 lbs one for purging kegs, carbing in my cold storage, dispensing when I'm not at home, etc., etc. :mug:

OK, mine is on order now.

Has anybody tried the trick with the internal screw to change the built in thermostat to keezer temperatures?

I think the same/similar freezer will be part of WalMart's Black Friday sale. I was at Walmart tonight getting some propane (brewing tomorrow and my other tank is low). Anyway, while I was trying to find an actual human to help me with my order in lawn and garden, I saw a bunch of them (7 cu ft GE Freezer) there and I just verified looking at the black friday ad's that they will have it for $159. Here's a link to the ad: Walmart Black Friday Ad | 2011 Black Friday Ads

I already have a kegerater (old fridge converted) that can store 3 ball-lock corny kegs + co2 tank...but am still tempted as that isn't enough!

If anyone is interested in this freezer, it is now available for $159 from both Home Depot and WalMart. Home Depot also offers free shipping/delivery if you order it online (which I did as I don't really want the face the crowds in the stores today).

Damn... Should have waited a few more days. Picked mine up last weekend for $126. they had one that had a few scratches on it and offered it for 25% off.... Goof off removed the scratches and now it has 5 gallons of Caribou slobber fermenting in the garage!

Is that a good deal? I never really looked for one until last year when I bought my 9CF and I only paid $150....

Sweet, mine was just delivered. They carried it up stairs to my office and everything. Giving it a 48 hour burn in now.

Is there a way to run a temperature probe without modifying the freezer?

:confused:

ETA: the probe wire can be ran under the lid just fine. I have it taped in place and it is holding a nice steady 38*F now.

Sweeeet!

Back