Daddy I don't like this juice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barefoot_trashko

Reaction score
I brewed with a couple of buddies on Saturday morning and then our wives and kids joined us for lunch. One of the moms brought over some homemade juice for the kids. Another mom decided she would pour the juice for the kids. My son was the first one to try it and said, "Daddy I don't like this juice!" The mom who brought the juice realize that the dark brown stuff in the cups was not what she had brought. The mom who poured the juice said that she poured it from the juice bottle in the fridge. Sure enough, she grabbed the unfermented wort that I had just put into a 1L juice bottle. I took a sip just to be sure and then we all had a hearty laugh. Next time I will remember to label my bottle!

I found bottles without labels get left alone like they are poison. Only works if you have a system to separate 1 bottle from another.

and now you need to buy a 1 and/or 2 Liter Erlenmeyer flask and some undrilled rubber stoppers. I can guarantee no one will "help themselves" or "accidentally pour X for the kids."

GL.

My father used to have very low blood pressure. As per his doctor orders (seriously), he kept a bottle of gin in the fridge, for when his blood pressure dropped.
At the time, I kept an old bottle of gin, without the label, always full of water, in the same fridge. Since he almost never drank the gin, his bottle was always in the back of the fridge.
One day, I went to the fridge, got the bottle, and started chugging from it. Must have rank about 10 or 15 ounces before the taste kicked in.

From that day on, I've never again used a gin bottle for my water...:D:drunk:

Back