Hop/Fishing/Camping Field Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopboy

Reaction score
Well fellow hop growers, Hopboy is off tomorrow, Tuesday, to visit the hop fields of Colorado.
Day One: Tour Trumbo Palisade peaches, second stop, Palisade Brewry. Then its off to the Grand Mesa to explore for new fishing and camping areas.
Day Two: 9:30am Meet Dr. Ron Godin, PhD of Colorado State U. Specialty Crops Dept. We are to visit 3 farms, the first has 50 wild plants sent by me from the front range of the Rockies and then tour 2 "organic" hop farms. Second, yes, find the micro breweries of the western slope, then its back to the Mesa for more exploring.
Day Three, fishing and hitting three breweries before we hit home.

Pics of our trip and my hops upon our return.

Just doing my part to lower the cost of hops.

Hopboy

Leaving tomorrow at 6:30am...many of the hop roots came from Plainview in Jefferson county but some came from the Boulder county foothills. Looking for new fishing/camping areas in Grand Mesa. Oh yeah should be a blast!

Hopboy

CSU had about 20 plants representing about 15 types of hops. All the plants were 3 years old. No funding for the project so very little being done at the research center in Hotchkiss, Co. Down the road in Lazear, Co. Larry Scheer has taken upon himself to do the reserach for free. There he has about a half acre. More tp follow w/ pics...

Leaving tomorrow at 6:30am...many of the hop roots came from Plainview in Jefferson county but some came from the Boulder county foothills. Looking for new fishing/camping areas in Grand Mesa. Oh yeah should be a blast!

Hopboy
Damn,

One of these days I need to bring my camper to Colorado. You have some of the best places in the world to visit and I have not camped there yet. Going camping this weekend, just a local spot about 45 mins away. Always good to get out camping and sharing some homebrews with some people that may have never had one yet.

Warrior

Warrior,

Home brews at 10,000 feet in a shaded, remote camping area with a view...thats us. We stay out of camp grounds unless its early Oct. and between hunting seasons.

Latest posts

Back