Brutus knock off build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeBonesBrewing

Reaction score
I started building a Brutus type system trying to keep cost as low as possible. With the help of my dad and brother in law it is finally coming together. Here is a pic of the stand before gas lines and final paint. She needs some tweaking and a good coat of paint! Hope to get my keggle and mash tun finished this week.

image-1223714374.jpg

Believe it or not the legs of the stand are made out of an old radio tower i got from work. I thought it looked cooler than plain old square tubing. Can't wait to brew on it!

Looking good. I did something similar to yours. It was a lot of work as you know, but now that it's done, the actual brew days go pretty smoothly.

image-2173646254.jpg

LeeBonesBrewing said:
I started building a Brutus type system trying to keep cost as low as possible.

You don't have a parts list, do you? I'm trying to do a low cost Brutus too, and may not even automate the temp control, for example, to save cash. While I recognize your stand is quite unique, could you speak to be cost of your burners, specs, and how well they work?

Finally got it finished enough to test it out. Cleaning up the wiring and a few odds and ends and I should be brewing by this weekend. It has taken me 3 years and I am very anxious to finally make some wort! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407199440.581121.jpg

Well what happened? Work well? Good results? You should have a good 4 brews in on this by now

Back