Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love yardbirds. Here are the last ones I cooked up my UDS. If you have not tried spatching one I highly recommend giving it a try.

hpim1350.jpg

Definitely spatchcocking them. Did you brine yours? They look great!

sweet taters sound good in the smoker, I want some good BBQ looks like I'll be BBQing on Sunday whooooohooooooo

7 lb Boston butt sat in the fridge yesterday with a coke and applewood glaze. Has been in the smoker since 2 am. Taking naps in between tending the fire. This thing smells delicious...

A 10lb butt will be on the egg tonight or tomorrow. Doing this one as porchetta for a change.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

cheese and nuts cold smoking right now. should have thrown some bacon in there.

next time. ;)

Late start today. Im cranking up the heat and doing a spatched chicken and some venison sausage to be transferred to the oven with craut. Thanks Bob and Yooper for the sausage.

ForumRunner_20111204_172303.jpg

Definitely spatchcocking them. Did you brine yours? They look great!

Sorry about the slow response. I did not brine them. Just rubbed them with a basic fajita seasoning consisting of sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, meat tenderizer, and black pepper. I put the rub under the skin as well as on it. Used oak for smoke.

Threw some chicken breasts on tonight. They are basted with makers mark and agave nectar.

Hope to take my UDS for it's virgin run tomorrow night. Seasoning run last night went well, and it held temps perferctly for ~6 hrs until I shut it down to get some sleep. I was also impressed how fast it shut down. Plan is for two pork shoulders, some wings, and some ABT's.

Ended up putting off the smoking until today. Loaded up the Weber Smokey Mountain around lunchtime and just let it rip all day long. Chicken came out great, as did the ABTs. I haven't really dug into the pork shoulder yet.

Looks like I'm doing a Pork Shoulder just picked one up for $0.99 lb so I'll season it tomorrow and throw it in the UDS on sat

going to try some stuffed chicken thighs, drumsticks, Nurenberg brats and some burgers on the grill today

the Hot Sausage and Provalone Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon, Drumsticks, Nurenburg Brats and Pepper jack Burgers turned out Great used the UDS and a Grill today What a Beautiful day in the Philly Burbs

398646_10151147028965093_890715092_22586758_724277156_n.jpg

403718_10151147032880093_890715092_22586770_2132624612_n.jpg

I need to smoke something. One of my neighbors reported me to the county for burning trash. I guess since I'm not sitting out there with it smoking something it looks like a burn barrel. All joking aside I am fairly sure who it was. Crazy hussy wants in everyone's bidness.

I've got my annual ice fishing trip coming up next week, so I will be smoking some pork butts this weekend so I can bring up some 22 hour slow smoked pulled pork for dinner one night. Hmmm good.

This is a poor picture, but the pork was so so so good...... Too bad I'm the only one in the house who like smoked anything. This weekend will see a lot more than that on the grate.
Don't seem like it lasts long enough to get left overs with. And the cold and snow didn't help either.

DSCF1091.jpg

Smoked some chicken breasts tonight

image-3612964786.jpg

Then made a BBQ chicken pizza on the BGE

image-1344096744.jpg

Doing a shoulder this weekend.

Back