What should I brew Sunday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did an Irish Red not to long ago. A stout may be interesting. I have some Whitebread yeast on hand.

I'm gonna do 10G of BM Centennial blonde next since winter months are coming and there will be more hanging out in the basement with friends.

It is defiantly stout/porter season! What about a spiced holiday ale? Might be a little late for Thanksgiving but it would defiantly be ready by Christmas.

I just did a brown. I'm thinking about porter. Wyeast 1099 Whitbread good for that?

I think you should brew beer. :)

I'm doing an Irish Red; Vanilla Caramel Creme Ale; and modified SWMBO Slayer this/next week. Dry hopping an all Amarillo Pale Ale today. Pumpkin pie ale is tapped and mellowing and beginning to taste very good.

I think you should brew beer. :)

I'm doing an Irish Red; Vanilla Caramel Creme Ale; and modified SWMBO Slayer this/next week. Dry hopping an all Amarillo Pale Ale today. Pumpkin pie ale is tapped and mellowing and beginning to taste very good.

Maybe I should brew a lot of beer! Maybe I should brew three 5g batches on Sunday! I'll just brew all of the beers I think I want to brew then I wont brew again for a couple of months. I think what I'm eventually going to do is get a couple extra cornies and just start doing 10 gallon batches then putting it into kegs to wait until I've got an open spot.

Yeah, the thing is since I live in Houston is that we don't get good cold weather until Jan, right now it's in the 90's. A porter or stout is always delicious, but I need something to cool me down. I don't typically brew seasonals b/c we have one season here, SUMMER!

It's getting cold here in MD already, maybe I should look into this eternal summer in the magical land of houston.

Oh yeah, did I mention the 100% humidity we had yesterday...ever worn a suit in a steam sauna?

Hot and Humid = IPA, nothing is more refreshing than a hoppy beer on a hot day humid day, and you have a lot of hot days ahead of you! F'it go for a IIPA!

save the porter till November.

Hot and Humid = IPA, nothing is more refreshing than a hoppy beer on a hot day humid day, and you have a lot of hot days ahead of you! F'it go for a IIPA!

save the porter till November.

Good thoughts my man. Actually, I was kinda thinking screw it, do the porter and let it age until it get's cold. Then brew an IPA another weekend. I still have 10 gallons on tap/bottles right now. It will be at least a month or more til I have to worry about my stash getting low.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my 5 gallons of 3 month old Ed's Apfelwein I'm saving till the holidays. I think I'm going to make a huge grog for the family with it.

So total I have 15 gallons on hand right now. I think the Porter just sounds fun to brew. ya know?

Have you guys ever tried Edworts Haus Pale Ale? That's on my list of possible brews.

Brew HalfPint just brew. In the last two weeks I've brewed a Blonde Ale (similiar to BM's Centennial blonde) and EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. My next two brews are blacklab's Cascades / Orange Pale Ale and then KingBrianI's Common Room ESB. That'll give me 40 gallons in the pipeline and will last for quite a while. Or shorter if the neighbors find out I've been brewing again!

Edit: Wow, 10 posts since I started typing this one. Like Houston it often seems like our seasons simply go from warm, to warmer, to hot. Winter is only two weeks at the end of January!

Brew HalfPint just brew. In the last two weeks I've brewed a Blonde Ale (similiar to BM's Centennial blonde) and Ed's Haus Pale Ale. My next two brews are blacklab's Cascades / Orange Pale Ale and then KingBrianI's Common Room ESB.

Edit: Wow, 10 posts since I started typing this one. Like Houston it often seems like our seasons simply go from warm, to warmer, to hot. Winter is only two weeks at the end of January!

Man, I'm just ready for a straight up beer. I've been drinking a lot of hefeweizen's/white's. I'm sick of that crap. I think that the white and hef's kinda make me feel nasty after I drink em. I'm liking the brown ales and I think it's time for some pale ale. I'm just going to print 3 recipe's out and take them all to the LHBS. I'll decide tomorrow when I'm there based on availability of hops/grain.

I'm thinking if I do EdWorts Haus Pale, I'm going todry hop with .5 oz cascade. That just sounds delicious!

I did 10 Gallons of a standard English pale ale this weekend just to have some "everyday drinkable beer", and I just checked it...Winner winner chicken dinner! It's at 1.012 and tastes great!and done in 4 days! I'm going to keg it up for a party next weekend, and I'll tell you this its the beer every one will love, and I'll have 6 on tap.

Ive never tried Ed wort's beer but I'm sure its good...I mean awesome. so that would be a good bet. If you want I'll send you the standard pale too, its really simple.

If you decide on EdWort's Pale and your LHBS doesn't have what you need, you can order it from Brewmasters Warehouse. It's listed under Bee Cave Brewery and that link will show you both Partial Mash and All Grain.

Back