brewing away from home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
I have a few friends who would like to learn how to brew and we are planning a brew session at a friends house

Only issue is can i do everything but pitch the yeast? I was planning on doing everything including chilling the wort... Then placing it in the bucket fermentor and transport home which is about an hour away and then ferment at home when i can control temperature.... Would this work?

I've done it before and I've been totally fine. If I remember correctly,I THINK I brought my starter with me in a mini cooler and just pitched at friends house and then drove home. I just considered the drive an "extra aeration" step

Is there reason that you are choosing to not pitch at his place?

No problem at all for you to drive home & pitch once you're at temp. Our club brews together a lot so we do this frequently.

I can't think of any reason why not. Do you have a specific concern?[/QUOTE

I will most likely be spending the night so i won't be getting home until 12 hours or so later so my concern is will the wort be ok?

I've done it before and I've been totally fine. If I remember correctly,I THINK I brought my starter with me in a mini cooler and just pitched at friends house and then drove home. I just considered the drive an "extra aeration" step

Is there reason that you are choosing to not pitch at his place?

I should of mentioned i will be spending the night... Will be drinking during the brew

This is what we always do. Aerate the wort and pitch at home with no worries. I would not aerate after pitching as someone else mentioned though.

Back