Projects get out of control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
so i started with what i thought was going to be a simple herms set up... now is a college students largest money pit.... besides the bars.lol i love how i start a project and go nuts, making sure i dont miss a part.. i just got done wiring in a computer fan on my pid control box.lol god knows the equipment needs to stay cool:) but besides that i still have so much little crap to buy, its kind of a pain in my ass since my rig is getting built i havnt brewed in what seems to be forever. is anyone else experiancing this wonderful mayham???

Not so much with equipment, but with batches. I seem to have hit a fever pitch lately, making batches every week, sometimes twice. I'd say I need help, but I have a fermenter free now! :D

Yup! One project after the next. First a kegging set up, Then a brew system size upgrade. I know right were you are coming from. I have one saving grace though. Seabee John forces me to brew every once in a while whether I like it or not, just to visit. I am not complaning though. I need to brew.
S.

Yeah I was buying little things every few days for a while, with what amounted to $300 in "little things". Then I bought my freezer. Luckily my whole keezer project with the temp controller and everything will cost me about 230$ so thats not to bad I suppose. But people ask me how much it costs to brew your own beer and I tell them its real cheap. but the side crap you do will get expensive, and NO you cannot help the side stuff, IT MUST BE DONE.

ahaha evel man what do you do with all those batches?? you know its not that making beer is expensive its that i have this feeling that we are the type of people that like gadgets.

ahaha evel man what do you do with all those batches?? you know its not that making beer is expensive its that i have this feeling that we are the type of people that like gadgets.

LIKE gadgets? That's putting it mildly. Most of us LIKE gadgets like cats LIKE tuna fish.

im going through the exact same **** right now, with the ferm chiller, the kegerator, and the new keggle build, its nuts!

ahaha you guys kill me, i know most of you live for this... i think its that fact that im a poor college student.lol

I'm just poor, no student part to blame it on. But that hasn't stopped me. working on a single level brew rig, 4 keg kegerator, 23 CF fermentation freezer, yeast bank, grain mill cart, at least the most important item(kegerator) is almost done with the rig right behind it. Or maybe right before it. Priorities suck even when you dont go to school.;)

But people ask me how much it costs to brew your own beer and I tell them its real cheap. but the side crap you do will get expensive, and NO you cannot help the side stuff, IT MUST BE DONE.

I hear ya. I've made four batches so far and I think I'm down to about $100 a batch.....

Kickflip MJ - you got that right! I have been thinking of these things I have been creating as art also, I am a poor college student but I would never let that get in my way, I always get the stainless, always the best available. :rockin:

Kickflip MJ - you got that right! I have been thinking of these things I have been creating as art also, I am a poor college student but I would never let that get in my way, I always get the stainless, always the best available. :rockin:

I second that thought. I do make exception for copper though. The yeast like it. S.

Actually I blame this board for my overdose of out of control projects.
First a keggerator, then an old fridge for fermentation, then moving to AG in a tiny kitchen and the dozen or so projects with that. Now improving my party kit to (easily?) bring two or more kegs to a beach party. I just hope I can stop before I start one of those major ones like Yuri or Ed. :mug: Thanks for the inspiration. :tank:

kauai-- ahaha your screwed, i also blame this board because of all the crazy pictures you guys post.... i always look at this stuff and say "i want that"!! and what do i go do buy all the crap and barely make it to the end of the month every time.lol

Latest posts

Back