State Fair Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidsons

Reaction score
I'm entering some of my homebrews into the fair for the first time this year. Anyone on here ever competed at the fair before?

ForumRunner_20130418_182204.jpg

I have not but keep meaning to. The cool thing is that you win based on your county. You could walk away with a bunch of firsts/golds just because you were the only entry in that category from your county.

Which county fair? If it's the O.C. fair, I WILL DESTROY YOU err, I mean, may the best beer win :mug:

Also submitting for the first time, assuming my beers turn out OK. Hell, even if they are garbage I'm going to do it.

I'm in Sacramento and have a pretty decent amount of competition already. I'm not really looking to win anything I just thought it would be cool to submit some beers and see what its all about.

I have not but keep meaning to. The cool thing is that you win based on your county. You could walk away with a bunch of firsts/golds just because you were the only entry in that category from your county.

That isn't true. The CA State Fair has a regular amount of awards per category(1st,2nd,3rd), just like any other comp. They listed the winners by county in 2012 which may be where the confusion is coming from. :mug:

I had registered 10 beers but due to some family issues I was unable to send my beers in ontime.

Next year its on!

That isn't true. The CA State Fair has a regular amount of awards per category(1st,2nd,3rd), just like any other comp. They listed the winners by county in 2012 which may be where the confusion is coming from. :mug:

Your right....since they listed the winners by county I assumed they were judged by county. Maybe the pro comp goes by county? I know a mediocre brew pub in my county always wins awards at the CA State Fair. Which I find hard to believe if they are competing against some of the fantastic breweries we have in this state.

Your beer still has to be good enough to warrant a medal. Sadly its not that easy and wouldnt count for much.

chocotaco said:
which county fair? If it's the o.c. Fair, i will destroy you err, i mean, may the best beer win :mug:

Also submitting for the first time, assuming my beers turn out ok. Hell, even if they are garbage i'm going to do it.

image-2399712020.jpg

Latest posts

Back