Help wiring alarm disable switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broham1

Reaction score
I'm trying to wire up my alarm disable switch, the SW2 from Auber.

I'm following this diagram from P-J:

image-2556418020.jpg

But the back of the switch looks like this:

image-2585284222.jpg

So how do I match up what P-J shows in the diagram with what I see on the switch?

So the switch has one "normally open (NO)" and one "normally closed (NC)" contact. When the switch is "OFF" or in its normal state (normally pointed to the top left), you will get no connectivity through the NO side, and you will get connectivity through the NC side. When you switch it "ON" (normally pointed to the top right) that swaps - the NO terminals close and the NC terminals open.

If I'm reading P-J's diagram right, you only will get an alarm if your switch is CLOSED. So, you decide. If you want it to point to the top left to have the alarm be activated, you use the NC terminals. If you want it to point to the top right to have the alarm be activated, you use the NC terminals. How you wire it is not important as long as you understand that the alarm will only work when the switch is closed, and depending on which terminal set you use on the back will determin when it's closed and when it's open.

-Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. That makes sense.

So, the E-Stop has the same setup, so I should wire it with the NO blocks, right? I want the circuit open until I push down on the button, right? And now that I get that part, the symbol on the diagram makes sense.

With the wiring diagram you have and the way you're doing the e-stop (where it shunts the GFCI) you want it wired to the NO terminals, so there's no current until you mash the button.

Latest posts

Back