OK, just to get it straight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
OK, I have kegged the brew. It has sat for about a week with Co2 pressure at 2.5

Now i think i am ready to serve (myself) the beer. Do i pump the Co2 pressure up to 11 or 12 for serving?

Thanks

Reverend

Every system will be different, but yeah, 10-12 is a good serving pressure.

Let me get this straight hough, you had it at 2.5 psi or 2.5 volumes?

2.5 psi oyu are goign to have flat beer, more than likely.

Dude said:
Every system will be different, but yeah, 10-12 is a good serving pressure.

Let me get this straight hough, you had it at 2.5 psi or 2.5 volumes?

2.5 psi oyu are goign to have flat beer, more than likely.

I'll see your 'more than likely' and raise you a 'definitely'.

A week at serving pressure would be better!

:mug:

well ****, dont know. The instructions i got with it told how to hook it up. nothing more. i will go look and report back

ok, well it looks like i have been pumping a wooping 2.5 psi into the keg. What would one have to put the PSI at in order to achieve the 2.5 volume needed to properly keg the carb the IPA?

Reverend JC said:
ok, well it looks like i have been pumping a wooping 2.5 psi into the keg. What would one have to put the PSI at in order to achieve the 2.5 volume needed to properly keg the carb the IPA?

go with 15 psi for another week, or 30 psi for the next 2-3 days. It is easy to OVER CARB it using the 30 psi, but it will happen faster, so you can drink it faster. Just check after 48 hours and use your judgement to see if it needs more time.

yeah, like a dumb A, when looking at the Carb volume chart i just looked at the 2.5 and failed to realize that at the top of the chart it says 14 PSI.

Thanks for the input. Guess i will be drinking it in about a week.

Reverend

Reverend JC said:
yeah, like a dumb A, when looking at the Carb volume chart i just looked at the 2.5 and failed to realize that at the top of the chart it says 14 PSI.

Thanks for the input. Guess i will be drinking it in about a week.

Reverend

force carb.. force carb.. force carb..:D

If you're in no hurry, go ahead and put it at 12-14 and leave it a week.

If you'd like to enjoy it sooner, quick force carb by jacking it up to 30 PSI and shake the holy crap out of the keg every free chance you get. You'll have carbonated beer by tomorrow.

Dude said:
Or 2 days at 30 psi would be even better!

...if you leave out the extra week of aging.:p

He won't overcarb it if he sets it where he needs to be!

:mug:

Naaaa, not in any hurry to drink it yet. I will let it roll along at 14 until maybe friday night, then jack it up to 30 until saturday morn so that by the time the football game is on TV (huskers at about 6 pm) then it will be ready to go. Until then i have about a case of bottles half with a Hefe and half with a vanilla porter.

Good to go for now!:mug:

Orpheus said:
....... it up to 30 PSI and shake the holy crap out of the keg every free chance you get. You'll have carbonated beer by tomorrow.

That's TOO funny, saying that to the REVEREND! I bet he can relate to that!!!!

Reverend JC said:
Naaaa, not in any hurry to drink it yet. I will let it roll along at 14 until maybe friday night, then jack it up to 30 until saturday morn so that by the time the football game is on TV (huskers at about 6 pm) then it will be ready to go. Until then i have about a case of bottles half with a Hefe and half with a vanilla porter.

Good to go for now!:mug:

I hear YA!! I was hoping to crack open my very first brew during the OU/Texas game. But, that ain't going to happen.

Back