Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snagg30341

Reaction score
I have a question and it may sound dumb. I am about to force carb my batch. If I force carb it for 36 hours can I then unhook sanke and leave it in kegerator or will it spoil? Does it need constant co2? Also if I hook a sanke up to drink, how long can I unhook gas and liquid line before it spoils? Thanks.

Anyone know a good easy way to cap liquid out end on sanke American coupler?

I have a question and it may sound dumb. I am about to force carb my batch. If I force carb it for 36 hours can I then unhook sanke and leave it in kegerator or will it spoil? Does it need constant co2? Also if I hook a sanke up to drink, how long can I unhook gas and liquid line before it spoils? Thanks.

Anyone know a good easy way to cap liquid out end on sanke American coupler?

What do you mean by "force carb"? As long as you keep it sealed it will be fine, no need to worry about it spoiling if it's not on constant gas pressure. I'd at least flush the liquid line with water after unhooking a keg if you're not going to be using it right away. Replacing the tailpiece with a dime works great for capping the liquid out on a sankey coupler.

Thanks. Force carbonate.

Do you just get extra wing nut and tighten dime down?

Yep, but make sure you put the rubber gasket in too. I suppose you don't need an extra beer line nut, but it makes it easier so that you don't have to remove the hose from the tailpiece.

Latest posts

Back