Newb question regarding fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBU123

Reaction score
First of all, first time doing a home brew and am using a Brooklyn Brew Shop 1 gal. IPA kit. I am now at Day 3 of the fermentation. Active bubbling ceased this morning through the blow off tube (call it 39 hours after yeast added). Directions said to change to the airlock once that happened so have done so.

I have a lot of reading to do here but wanted to post a pic to see if to the trained eye if all looks ok. There is no active bubbling at this point but have read that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Had a lot of fun doing this and eager to learn.

Cheers!

Chris

20130121_142901_resized.jpg

Looks beautiful.

The karuaen ring shoes that you had some strong fermentation. The opaqueness shows there is yeast in suspension. The layer at the bottom looks like you have had a good amount of healthy cell division.

What temperature is it, and what yeast?

Thanks for the reply gents. Room temp is approx 68 and the beer is sitting at about 67. I am not sure what kind of yeast it was other than it came with the Brooklyn kit and was in powder form.

Chris

Thanks for the reply gents. Room temp is approx 68 and the beer is sitting at about 67. I am not sure what kind of yeast it was other than it came with the Brooklyn kit and was in powder form.

Chris

Back