Berliner Weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Brewed one a couple weeks ago, took a gravity and sampled a bit tonight, and wow was I impressed. Already very sour after just a couple weeks, light, and quite tasty. My only question, wonder why there aren't more commercial versions of this style? It's cheap and easy to make, and in my opinion very good. Can't wait for this one to finish!

Good to hear, Berliner Weisses are homebrewer's favorite beer after the first time you do it because you can't believe how easy it is. There are commercial ones available but it's hard to find and I don't know of any in Indiana where you're at. Jester King in Texas has a good one called Bonnie the Weisse and the Bruery in Los Angeles has one as well Festina Peche by dogfish head should be available to you but I personally am not a fan. Hope that helps.

+1. I usually have one early; sort of as an aperitif. I am coming to love them. Really simple and easy to make.

Latest posts

Back