National Home Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did what I usually do and joined about 150-200 of my fellow brewers/beergeeks in hanging out and brewing at my homebrew shop. On of about a hlaf dozen large events in the metro Detroit area.

546498_10150757942179067_620469066_9528674_84594784_n.jpg

I brewed a Saison.

Did what I usually do and joined about 150-200 of my fellow brewers/beergeeks in hanging out and brewing at my homebrew shop. On of about a hlaf dozen large events in the metro Detroit area.

I brewed a Saison.

I was there for about an hour. Chatted with the VP of Craft and am thinking of joining. More people then I expected. The Nut brown on tap was really good and the Lime Cilantro was interesting.

I went over to a bud's house and checked out his three tier in action...RIMS with a Johnson controller, a couple Boilermakers, a keggle, a conical, kegs and CO2... I assisted in brewing 12 gallons of Dead Guy Ale Clone. And by assist, I mean I watched and drank a couple brews!:ban::mug:

I was there for about an hour. Chatted with the VP of Craft and am thinking of joining. More people then I expected. The Nut brown on tap was really good and the Lime Cilantro was interesting.

It was actually a smaller crowd than usual. There were at least a dozen regular brewers who weren't there brewing. A Lot of the regular Michigan Mashers from here weren't even there.

CRAFT meeting this Thursday ant Sherwoods FYI

I toured Karbach Brewing in Houston, then went to Defalcos HB shop to see who was brewing there, then went and had great pizza, then played pool, and now it's only 8:30 and I'm ready for bed! I love me some craft beer but 8 hours of full pint glasses makes one weak!

MyNameIsPaul said:
I toured Karbach Brewing in Houston, then went to Defalcos HB shop to see who was brewing there, then went and had great pizza, then played pool, and now it's only 8:30 and I'm ready for bed! I love me some craft beer but 8 hours of full pint glasses makes one weak!

Nice! I need to check them out someday soon. :)

Revvy said:

I brewed a Saison.

Revvy this looks awesome. Almost makes me wish I lived near Detroit !

I planned on building a raised garden and planting my hop rhizomes as well as brewing a belgian quad today. I only managed to get the first item on my list done. I am very satisfied with how it turned out though. Guess I'll get the brewing done tomorrow after work.:rockin:

I brewed a saison as well. It was a beautiful day here in Denver and a couple neighbors stopped by to ask about what I was doing. Great brew day, though I was a couple points off on my numbers. My lhbs had a similar event, but it is 40 min away and it just seemed like a hassle. Maybe next year.

tested out my mash tun and brewed my first AG batch...an all cascade pale.

I brewed a Saison.

Same thing I did lol, but we brewed a Brown ale this year. Cheers!!

Brewed up an Imperial IPA, my numbers too were a little off but I am still happy with the results. I also got a chance to make use of my newly converted kegerator (stoked). I too had a few neighbors stop by and inquire about the "killer smell" coming from the garage. Once they saw the kegerator they decided to hang out for a few and enjoy an ESB and a CDA I brewed up last month. All in all I would have to say it was a great NHD. Prost!

Back