West Texas/East New Mexico Beer Group

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My kegerator was very thoughtful, it held on through a very fun graduation party for my fiancé. 15 gallons of beer later, it decided to call it quits, and all I had to do was move my hop's to my other fridge as the beer was all gone.

Not bad for a 20 dollar fridge scored on craigslist.

What tasty beverage was in that graduation kegger?
Was that kegerator a fridge you converted? I hope to bat in the big leagues someday in that style...

It was 3 kegs. A Bavarian Hefeweizen, house stout and a Blonde ale. Drinkable beers for the non-beer geeks.

Yes it is a converted fridge, this is still not the big leagues though. You need to see Claudiusb that is homerun big league, I am a baby boy.

Hey guys,

I was having a beer with CaudiusB yesterday and we noticed we hadn’t posted about a brewing club we found here in El Paso. There name is borderline brewers, and they are getting together this weekend for an instructional for beginning brewers, and having a nice big beer tasting.

I hosted one 2 months ago and since then went to there big brew day. Pretty fun crowd if you guys want to part take get in touch with Victor on this website.

http://borderlinebrewers.com/

Cheers!

Borderline Brewers

The club is meeting at Nick's place this Saturday, September 10th for a Beer tasting. Join us to taste the homebrews by the Borderine Brewers and also a wide variety of collection recently picked up by the members out of the city and the state.

All are welcome. Bring your home brews or any specialty beers you would like to share with the club. If you can bring some munchies, that will be great!

Date: Saturday September 10th, 2011 New Time: 5PM to 10PM

Nick's
4315 Park Hill Dr.
El Paso, Texas 79902

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4315+Park+Hill+Drive,+El+Paso,+TX&hl=en&ll=31.800485,-106.50655&spn=0.0[/ame]

I only check this site a few times a year and every time I do I just missed the meet ups. I really wanna learn how to brew, Ill have to pay more attention so I can meet up with yall.

Check the borderline brewer website, I believe there is a meeting already scheduled for October. I'll post a date when I find out.

John

Posted by Victor, Borderline Brewers.

Hey guus, we got an email from Jason from Las Cruces' Desert Quenchers homebrew club. I am pasting his email here for you.

Jason's email -
-----------------------------------

Hello Borderline Brewers,

The Desert Quenchers are putting together an event in October to be called BBQ and Bock. We plan on brewing Bock Bier (all sub styles) and cooking BBQ. Some food will be cooked with the beer and some without. Hopefully we'll have a wide variety of both food and Bock Bier to go through. We are going to do our best to pair the dishes with the beers we've brewed. There may also be commercial examples of Bock Bier available for tasting.

We would like to invite the Borderline brewers to both be our guests, as well as brew Bock Bier for the event. Brewing is not required for participation but it always make things more fun. We've done meetings like this one the last two spring seasons now, and they are the most popular meetings of the year. Just two months ago we did a Pilsner food pairing dinner with all homebrewed Pilsners, and the year before we did the same thing with Saisons.

The target date is October the 15th. That gives our brewers a little over 3 months to get a Bock Bier lagered and bottled. We really hope you can join us for the first collaborative club event.

Cheers,

-The Las Cruces Desert Quenchers

Borderline Brewers January Beer Tasting

When: 01.28.2012 - 01.28.2012 16.00 h - 21.00 h
Where: Adrian Home
11780 Riverstone Drive
El Paso, TX 79936

Description
Take Montana to Saul Kleinfeld, turn right, then left on Turner (1st light). First stop sign (Oxcart Run) turn right, right on Charter Park, left on Riverstone , 4th house on the left.

As per Victor.
This is going to be a great session! We have access to very special beers that are not available in Texas or in the neighbouring states for this event. Please bring your homebrews and if possible some munchies.. Let's enjoy!

Hey guys putting together a group buy, pm me for details. Hopefully well get enough interest for a pallet. A 55 lb bag of 2 row, or pale is about 30.80, and a bag of pilsn is coming out to about 34.18. If you are interested in the prices for a specific specialty malt pm me.

GodsStepBrother said:
Hey guys putting together a group buy, pm me for details. Hopefully well get enough interest for a pallet. A 55 lb bag of 2 row, or pale is about 30.80, and a bag of pilsn is coming out to about 34.18. If you are interested in the prices for a specific specialty malt pm me.

How often do you do this? I currently do extract only but may switch to all grain by the end of the year. Thanks.

This would have been the first time, but not enough interest sorry. We need to order at least 40 bags, we only got up to 26. Brewing is growing here so hopefully soon enough we can do this.

Dear Claudius,

This is a Reminder email for the Borderline Brewers Meeting this weekend.

The January meeting at the El Paso Beer Snob's went really well. We tasted over a 100 beers that day from some unique commercial beers to plenty of homebrew. Nick and Daniela have volunteered their new place for our March tasting. They have a beautiful yard. Looking forward to see most of you at this meeting. We have plenty of homebrews and weird beers to share with everyone.

WHEN:

Saturday, March 24th @ 5PM

Where:

Nick and Daniela's
Colinas Del Sol Apts.
945 South Mesa Hills Drive, Apt# 3720
El Paso, TX - 79912

Jono from Hoppy Monk and his dad have volunteered to host the Big Brew 2012 event at their home. There will be 5 to 6 batches brewed that day and a beer tasting of course. AHA website event details are provided in this website. This year recipes are - Bucksnort Brown Ale and Ardley Brown Ale. You can find the recipes in this page.

If you are interested in brewing that day, please reply to this email ([email protected]) so we know and plan accordingly. We will be brewing in the backyard (there are plenty of shade trees). 'Definitive Ales' club in El Paso will also join for a collaborative brewing that day. It will be great to meet new brewers.

Date: Saturday May 5th, 2011 Time: 11AM onwards

Jono
162 Coronado Rd,
El Paso, TX - 79915
Google Map

Brewers, please bring your brewing equipment. Beer enthusiasts, please bring yourselves, some beers and food ;)

News 1: Buy your brewing supplies at Primo's Craft Beer. They have equipment, ingredients, full starter packs, extract ingredient kits etc.

News 2: Photos taken during tasting at Nick and Daniela's in March are uploaded here

News 3: Like your Borderline Brewers club in Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/borderlinebrewers

See you all soon.

Let's honor the beer gods!

-Borderline Brewers
www.borderlinebrewers.com

-- This email is from the Borderline Brewers club. A reply to this email will be received by Dr. Bruce Louden, Ken Schwartz and Victor.

Big brew event May 2012
More pics Borderline Brewers http://www.facebook.com/borderlinebrewers
El Paso's greatest and most knowledgeable brewers Mike and Albert

Borderline.jpg

Borderline_00.jpg

Borderline_08.jpg

Borderline_06.jpg

Borderline_23.jpg

Posted on our Borderline Brewers Page
Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Las Cruces Tour De Beer
Hey home brewers.... let us do the work for you on July 28 - 29.
Join us in Las Cruces for the Las Cruces Tour de Beer. www.lascrucestourdebeer.com

The May 2012 Big Brew at Jono's went really well. Plenty brewing and great selection of beers! Primo Paul has volunteered his place for our August tasting. Looking forward to see most of you at this meeting. We have plenty of homebrews and good beers to share with everyone.

WHEN:

Saturday, Aug 4th @ 5PM

Where:

Paul's place
829 Somerset Dr.,
El Paso, TX - 79912
Google Map

What to Bring: Beer-friendly food/munchies to share. A few beers to share, either something you brewed, or a commercial craft beer that you’ve never tried before. Due to limited fridge space, we recommend you bring your own small ice chest.

Like us on Facebook for more frequent updates.

-Borderline Brewers

The Aug. 2012 Meeting at Primo Paul's place went really well. Great selection of beers! Thank you to Primos Craft Beer, L&F Distributors - El Paso and City Beat Magazine to make this event special.

Jeff and Amber have volunteered their place for our Sept. tasting. Looking forward to see most of you at this meeting. We have plenty of homebrews and good beers to share with everyone.

WHEN:

Saturday, Sept. 8th @ 5PM

Where:

Jeff and Amber's place
3317 Running Deer Dr.,
El Paso, TX - 79936

Google Map
What to Bring: Beer-friendly food/munchies to share. A few beers to share, either something you brewed, or a commercial craft beer that you’ve never tried before. Due to limited fridge space, we recommend you bring your own small ice chest.

Like us on Facebook for more frequent updates.

-Borderline Brewers

Ruben has volunteered his place for our Oct. tasting. Looking forward to see most of you at this meeting. We have plenty of homebrew and good beers to share with everyone.

WHEN:

Saturday, Oct. 20th @ 6:30PM

Where:

Ruben's place
414 Blanchard Ave.,
El Paso, TX - 79902
Google Map

What to Bring: Beer-friendly food/munchies to share. A few beers to share, either something you brewed, or a commercial craft beer that you've never tried before. Due to limited fridge space, we recommend you bring your own small ice chest.

I have just moved to El Paso and am interested to see if you guys are still going at it. If you are do you have any other contact information? I do not have Facebook or any of that jazz.

Is this thread dead :x
I'm in El Paso and am interested in meeting fellow Brewers!

Back