Plastic Bud Light Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
I had a friend at a bar give me a 15 gallon plastic keg that had Bud Light in it. It looks like a normal stainless keg, but black plastic. Is there metal under the plastic?

I figured I'd take it off their hands... they were just going to throw it away.

How do you go about filling a commercial keg anyways? I doubt it would fit in my Sanyo 4912, but I know some people with full size fridges that homebrew that might be interested.

I've seen those. It is just a plastic coating around the stainless keg. If it is yours, you can use it as a kettle by cutting the top out and putting in a weldless spicket of some kind.

Uh....make sure oyu cut that plastic coating off before you brew in it though. :D

We have the taps for these kegs I beleive. Would a Coors tap work with this type a keg?

The guy says they have more as well. :D

ORRELSE said:
I've seen those. It is just a plastic coating around the stainless keg. If it is yours, you can use it as a kettle by cutting the top out and putting in a weldless spicket of some kind.

Uh....make sure oyu cut that plastic coating off before you brew in it though. :D

Yep thats what my buddy did. He actually cut the keg to about 2/3rds its size and welded the top with the handle back on to make a kettle. (don't know why to be honest)

It sounded like metal in there when i hit it, and figured it would be a pain for AB to clean if it was plastic..

Back