Breweries/Pubs/Beer in Orlando FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey hey, what part of Orlando will you be in? If you're close to the East side, then I would recommend World of Beers, Fifty Brews, or Red Light Red Light. All of them have great beers with some being local as well (Cigar city, Effenheimer, OBP, SwampHead, etc.).

Also, if you're interested, they have the Shipyard Emporium in Winter Park. Ive been and its decent and if Ron is brewing hell chat it up with you. Let me know what you think :)

Staying on Disney property. We love Winter Park, went last year and enjoyed the Wine Cellar, which did have a few good brews on tap as well. We will definately check out Shipyard.

going to Orlando myself in two weeks. Due to the company I am going with, I will need to find a beer store soon after landing to pick up a case. Any good craft brew stores in the area? Sorry to hijack.
tom

1+ for cigar city, search Rate beer.com for anywhere that carries it, they are making probably the best beer in Florida and much of the southeast

@TomRep Check out Total Wine, Big Cs Liqours, or any of the Knightly Spirit locations to scoop good brews. Also WoB will let you buy bottles to go.

hey hey, what part of Orlando will you be in? If you're close to the East side, then I would recommend World of Beers, Fifty Brews, or Red Light Red Light. All of them have great beers with some being local as well (Cigar city, Effenheimer, OBP, SwampHead, etc.).

Also, if you're interested, they have the Shipyard Emporium in Winter Park. Ive been and its decent and if Ron is brewing hell chat it up with you. Let me know what you think :)
I don't live that far away and still haven't made it to Shipyard. Maybe tonight I'll make it down there for their Maine lobster special.

Ron Raike is a freak when it comes to tasting beer. From just a few tastes (and about a bazillion sniffs) he'll tell me things about my beers that I didn't know or had forgotten...and I brewed them!

EDIT: those other beer bars are all good, Redlight looks kinda like a dive and parking can be sparse but the beers are worth it. WOB has plenty of good restaurants around (I love the Pei Wei next door). Fifty Brews is OK but when I'm there never has many people and the food isn't that good (the other two don't serve food but at WOB they allow/encourage you to order from the neighboring restaurants and eat it there, some deliver).

if you are staying at disney they have a brewery at the boardwalk hotel i think it is called big river. i was there a month ago and i tried 3 of the 6 beers they had on tap they were all very good.

I was in Lake Mary, just north of Orlando last summer and made the 20 mile trip to Orlando to go to Orlando Brewing - http://www.orlandobrewing.com/index2.php
Got 45 minute tour it was suppose to be 20 but we talked and asked questions and the fellow giving the tour took the time to answer all questions with enthusiasm. Can't remember his name now, I believe he was a partner in the brewery. I highly recommend it.
Excellent beers also.

Latest posts

Back