Beersmith mash tun set up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you open up Beersmith, if you look down the left hand side you'll see a tab for "Equipment." Click on that and then click on "My Equipment." You'll have to go through some other steps once you click on that, but you should be able to figure it out. Hope this helps.

It does it for you. You tell it what your losses are, what your final volume target is, what your mash thickness is, and it'll compute how much sparge water you'll need. Is that what you're looking for?

well i see how to set it up with a 15.5 G kettle and a 10 G cooler, but i have a 15.5 G kettle and 2 10 G coolers, for the bigger mashes....

Ah, I see. I thought you meant 1 for MLT, 1 for HLT. I don't know that Beersmith has the capability to run mash profiles for simultaneous mashes using 2 tuns. My guess is you'll just need to split the grain bills and enter two different mashes/sparges using 1/2 of your target volume for each. Make sense?

that's the plan, but for example im making a wee heavy on sat, and it has me mashing all 42 Lbs of grain at once (no other choice) and 12 different .59 gallon sparges :D

funny, not a big deal, but funny.

Back