malto dextrin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterpa

Reaction score
ok heres the thing. i started out with mr beer stuff like probably most everybody has. im now doing all grain and im quite good at that. heres the question. i have a ton of booster packs left from mr beer stuff. now ive heard that the malto dextrin is fermentable and ive heard its not. i want to use this stuff to get rid of it, but i dont want to ruin any ag batches while im at it. im hoping somebody can give some input on what this stuff could be used to in a normal batch of beer. i have a few heavy malt recipes that ive come up with that i could use it to raise the body and alcohol in if that will work---but i dont know if its fermentable. any input on this would be great thanks. :tank:

Its not fermentable, it will help the body but not the alcohol. Be careful with it, a little goes a long way - its easy to overdo it.

thanks for the input, thats what i thought, but i wanted just one more opinion. you know, if enough people say so, it must be-- kinda thing. anyway, thanks.

Back