house ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csuho

Reaction score
here is what i think might become my house ale. tell me what you all think of it.
Type: All Grain
Date: 1/9/2009
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Brewer: Chris
Boil Size: 7.00 gal Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Brew Pot (7.5 gal) and Cooler (48 qt)
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00
Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 76.19 %
2.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 19.05 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 4.76 %
1.00 oz Centennial [9.30 %] (60 min) Hops 28.3 IBU
0.25 oz Centennial [9.30 %] (30 min) Hops 5.4 IBU
0.25 oz Centennial [9.30 %] (10 min) Hops 2.6 IBU
0.50 oz Centennial [9.30 %] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

i have the grains crushed already so i can't take any out but i can add. as for the hops i can change amounts or time. its a variation on edworts haus since the hbs didn't have vienna and i dont like briess 2 row and didn't want a 1/2 bag of crystal 10 sitting around.

On your zero minute hops, wait until the wort is cooled to 180f, then chuck them in. I did this on my last brew and the aroma was amazing.

Looks good!

I really like some munich in my pale ales and IPA's.

Centennial is a great hop too!

Sounds fantastic. This one's going in my BeerAlchemy.

What temp were you planning to mash? I'll pencil it in for 153....

If you change the Munich for Vienna and sub the Centennial with Cascades, you just about have EdWort's Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale to a "tee". That is an awesome brew I can tell you first hand. So, yours should be quite good as well.

thats what i wanted to do but i have like 1/2 # of cenntenial i need to use and the hbs was outta vienna.

i was gonna do it at 153-154

I might steal this idea for my house ale... Centennials are my favorite!

i brewed this today and i made some changes to the hops since mine are over a yr old i used beersmiths hop age tool and found out my 9.3% are supposed to be 6.9% so i just upped the additions since i need to get rid of them. i ended up gettin a 1.046 preboil gravity and a 1.050. i am not sure y so low but only thing i can think of is not hard enough boil? i started with about 7 gallons give or take a qt and ended up with about 5.5 take a qt maybe. beersmith says i got like 73% brewhouse so i am somewhat happy with that. better than my last batch of wheat with like 63ish.

Latest posts

Back