adding orange juice at the beginning of fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweRN

Reaction score
hey guys and gals. I'm glad to say that i am just starting out this wonderful hobby..

question:
can i squeeze the juice from an orange directly into the fermenter at the beginning of fermentation? I'm not using a secondary.

thanks.

You're better off squeezing it in after your primary fermentation is over. You don't have to transfer, but wait until all your grain sugars are fermented, then add the orange juice.

There's about 1,000 pages on HBT documenting the advantages of fermenting fruit after primary fermentation is over.

gregpio85 said:
You're better off squeezing it in after your primary fermentation is over. You don't have to transfer, but wait until all your grain sugars are fermented, then add the orange juice.

There's about 1,000 pages on HBT documenting the advantages of fermenting fruit after primary fermentation is over.

+1 let fermentation finish then add orange juice to primary or even at bottling if you want the flavor to come through. Enjoy!

Back