When is early testing to early?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydigital

Reaction score
I'm almost 1 week after i bottled my beer..
Im very curious...whats the earliest you think i can sneak a taste from a bottle?

Do it. It's educational. It'll show you how green beer tastes and how it develops

If you set yourself a target of 3 weeks then you'll not be disapointed when it's not ready.

I just tested 2 litres straight from the fermenter.:drunk:

I tasted my first one after a week. It was fine, but I liked it better after another week and I am sure it is better now.

I say why not?

I always take a hyrometer sample when I rack to the keg, and force carb and chill it for a "sneak peek"... so, 30 minutes?

And back when I used to bottle, I'd sometimes do a couple 7-oz or 12-oz bottles (with most of the beer in 22's) for just this purpose...

Do.... It! Orfy hit it right on the money, it's educational. I would even right down a couple of things about what tastes it you right away, then see if they're still there in 2-3 weeks (assuming the beer lasts that long). Plus, it sounds like it's a first batch, or there abouts... so what are you waiting for?! Go! Drink!

Yup, orfy nailed it. Taste a bottle a week, and see how it improves. You'll probably find that your last bottle is your best.

Bernie Brewer said:
Yup, orfy nailed it. Taste a bottle a week, and see how it improves. You'll probably find that your last bottle is your best.

You got that right.
Time to get the black arm band out and panic brew!

awsome!!! thanks for being the little devil on my shoulder....

on thursday it will be one week, ill try it then....

(this is my second batch)

green beer sucks. After the first bottle at a week that'll cure you of wanting to drink it early. ;) Brew more so you have others to test when the need arises. :) really.

Back