Reputable online place to get ingrediets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPCousin

Reaction score
I use my local brew shop for everything but they never seem to have any Centennial Hops. Wondering about a safe online brew shop to use the old credit card for some Centennial?

Also what can I pick up to help lower my Ph? I've been brewing IPA's and want to see how lowering my Ph out of the 7's to around 5.2 will affect things?

northernbrewer.com. morebeer.com, and midwestsupplies.com are the three I tend to order from. If you just need hops freshops.com or hopsdirect.com are great as well.

For pH are you talking about your water pH? It is the mash pH that really matters. Some gypsum will lower the mash pH and adds sulfate which helps the hoppy bitterness come across as crisper. If you want to lower the sparge pH some lactic or phosphoric acid would be a good choice.

All of the ones listed are good. I especially like Freshops for leaf hops. They have been consistently high quality. Some of the other leaf hops I've purchased elsewhere are sometimes not as good as I would expect them to be. Locally I buy most of my hops from brewbrothers.biz .

+1 for Brewmasters Warehouse. They are my primary source.

Also good: Northern Brewer, Midwest Supplies, Morebeer.

Veyr helpful on all fronts. That is helpful about Gypsum. i was told once when I used it todo a clone that it was a for a clarifier but that particular recipe has had the best hop fllavor nad bitterness so far. I will read more about that. Thank you all.

When ordering from Brewmasters warehouse do they automatically mill the grain for you? I didn't see that as an option?

When ordering from Brewmasters warehouse do they automatically mill the grain for you? I didn't see that as an option?

No, as far as my experience. There is button/box to check at some point during the ordering process to choose to have them either crush or not crush the grains. Sorry, but I don't remember exactly on what page that appears. If you don't choose an option, then perhaps they automatically crush the grains.

I've ordered from Midwest, Williams and Northern Brewer. All are good, but when I buy in bulk, Midwest always has the best shipping rates for my location (and fast, too). Bulk prices there are always outstanding. For those reasons, Midwest is my preferred supplier. Other places such as hopsdirect and freshops have much better rates for hops, though.

Excellent. I ended up finding it when I got to the checkout cart section. They put together a nice website. Their recipe builder leading into the checkout was very handy. Brew masters warehouse.

Back