Homemade Beer Gun Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepcg6

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been following this thread for awhile now, and I see some people with fantastic success in bottling from the keg with this method.

Unfortunately, I'm not having that same success. It's really frustrating and I ask for your help before I purchase a beer gun. You guys are my last hope!

I've followed all these instructions and recommendations exactly. I have 10 feet of tubing that connects my beer out to the racking cane, made per the instructions. I have my beer carbed to the correct psi, then bled off and bottled at around 3 psi. I sanitize and freeze all bottles tubing, and other bottling parts.

I'm still getting up to half the bottle full of foam!

My beer lines are super foamy when they out of the bottling line...and yet the kegerator itself works fantastically with no issues.

I even made a video of my troubles :)

[ame]http://youtu.be/SIkVwElE0PE[/ame]

Please everyone, you're my last hope! Unless I can solve this problem, I'll be purchasing a beer gun. I need to have good consistent bottles for competition, and this method seems to be anything but consistent.

Thanks in advance!

I skipped the whole gun, just jam tubing (1 foot) into the Perlick faucet ( helps to heat that end in hot water prior to setup ), I have 5 foot beverage lines and do not much much foaming if the bottles are frozen. I have been using this method for a while with no issues.

Quick suggestions.

1. Make sure you use beer line it is smoother and will help reduce foaming.
2. Ensure everything is ICE cold
3. Start with zero pressure in the keg and gradually increase as you start to pour
4. If all else fails resort to Khillian's method. It works!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back