I couldn't wait!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
It's not necessarily my fault, so much as it is my wife's for turning on "Dancing With The Stars"... My very first batch has only been bottled for 6 days & I just tossed one on the fridge...I'm going to crack one early... Wish me luck!
The picture below is from brewday.

IMG_4212[1].jpg

I'm sorry for replying to my own thread, even before anyone has viewed it, but IT'S SO GOOD! I actually have a bit of carbonation in the beer. Not enough yet to form a complete head, but bubbles nonetheless. The aroma of this beer is ridiculous! I love hops & this thing is holding a midget wrestling match on my tongue after every sip. This beer brewing thing could catch on...OMG! I brewed my first beer & it's actually really enjoyable to me!

Congrats dude!

You should call your beer "Dancing with the Stars" and make it a tradition to drink a bottle every time that show comes on.

Congrats on the brew, i bottles my first ever batch of beer 2 days ago and the suspense is killing me already :)

I might have to crack one at the weekend just to note the taste and have something to reference when it ages a bit.

Doesn't hurt to try, I usually try a bottle each week to see how it's aging and what week it peaked ;)

The suspense used to kill me, but now I wait 3 weeks to carbonate and then sample it to see when it taste best. Usually the last bottle is the best one!

Congrats and definitely start a new batch becuase this one will be gone before you know it!

Congrats and definitely start a new batch becuase this one will be gone before you know it!

For sure! My yeast starter is in the garage stirring away & my brewday is set for Wednesday. I'm shooting for once a month, then once every three weeks if I can make the time.

It's an Imperial IPA. 17 ounces of hops total. Extract batch with some specialty grains. I was worried because I fermented for the first 24 hours at 78-80 degrees by mistake. I got away with one.

where did you get those sweet glasses? what are they like 5oz snifters?

Close! 7 oz! I actually grabbed six of them from Ross Dress for Less of all places. I think they were 4.99 total. They are marked as "Dessert/Cordial" glasses, but I prefer "Craft Brew Snifters"...

that looks awesome! I couldn't wait either...I tossed one of mine in the fridge earlier and just cracked it. Cascadian dark ale, bottled on friday. I used too much priming sugar so it's carbing up already, it's awfully hoppy and I usually like that, but this is a bit much. I got my fix though...now I'll just let it sit and hope that hoppiness mellows a bit. I'll try another one in 2 weeks or so

Back