part time job ideas for a college student

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brkoerner

Reaction score
just looking for some ideas for a pt job that i can do to make roughly $100/wk that i can do out of my apt preferably. just looking for some extra income to mainly pay for my brewing addiction and a lil play money as well

im an Accounting/Finance dual major and pretty handy as well and like to make things.

Sell bodily fluids. I had a roommate in college who sold plasma twice a week for drinking money on the weekends.

Sell bodily fluids. I had a roommate in college who sold plasma twice a week for drinking money on the weekends.

Yea +1. Not my proudest time of my life but 1.5 hr twice a week for $25/$35 per session funded my catback exhaust on my Charger :rockin:

I had 3 different part time jobs when I was in college:

1. Security. Basically sit around in a office for late night hours and do walks around the building once an hour. -- got this my freshman year. They were eager to hire anyone willing to stay up until whatever time it was (4am? something like that) a couple times a week.

2. Lab computer admin. Got for the same reason..I worked graveyard the first year or so, then my hours improved substantially thereafter as the worker pool rotates every year.

3. Website designer/programmer. I got this as a fluke from a discussion with a local public organization that I had ties with. They were looking to establish a web presence, and knew I was a "computer guy" so they consulted me to do all the work.

I also took random consulting jobs through a friend who owned a computer services business, and occasionally needed someone with more advanced programming skills.

And I taught English while I was in Japan (and did other related work), but that doesn't really count.

just looking for some ideas for a pt job that i can do to make roughly $100/wk that i can do out of my apt preferably. just looking for some extra income to mainly pay for my brewing addiction and a lil play money as well

im an Accounting/Finance dual major and pretty handy as well and like to make things.

Things to do in/from the apt eh? Phone sex, phone sales, sell stuff on ebay, pick up one of those YUDU home silk screening machines & make/sell custom tshirts, get the legal stuff squared away & you could make/sell cookies (spent grain?) or cupkakes, make a youtube channel with something that's popular enough so somebody (mainly youtube) wants to sell advertizing on it, etc...

If you are or can get certified for it, you could do taxes for others. Hey, here's an idea: Offer classes in homebrewing! For $20ea + materials your college pals can come over, use your equipment & learn to brew their own!
:ban:
Regards, GF. :mug:

Back