coopers carbonation drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonstewartstwin

Reaction score
I have an outmeal stout that got moldy in the secondary... I'm going to rack from underneath the mold, and was going to use coopers carbonation drops in each bottle, so i don't have to pour priming solution through the moldy top...

question: will one carbonation drop be sufficient for a pint? what about a 750ml bottle?
or should i just use cane sugar? if so, 3/4 teaspoon for the pint bottles, and 1.5 teaspoon for the 750ml?

thanks!

There's usually directions on the package. It's one drop per 12oz bottle and 2 drops per 22oz bottle.

I'd be worried about inconsistent dosing when adding small amounts like teaspoons. Can you rack from under the mold into a bottling bucket and then add priming solution and mix?

There's usually directions on the package. It's one drop per 12oz bottle and 2 drops per 22oz bottle.

I'd be worried about inconsistent dosing when adding small amounts like teaspoons. Can you rack from under the mold into a bottling bucket and then add priming solution and mix?

I don't have a bottling bucket, but i guess i could siphon into my primary fermenter, and bottle from there... i just thought the less beer transfer the better, altho since it's already moldy, it prolly doesnt matter...

I recently tried coopers carb tabs, adding 1 tab to each 12 oz bottle and all are way over carbonated. Badbrew's suggestion of 1/pint may be good advice.

Back