Strange fermentation restart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liesea

Reaction score
I transferred my beer to the secondary about 2 hours ago and added some gelatin. The airlock had shown no signs of activity for 5 days before racking, but less then an hour after racking the beer to the secondary it started bubbling again. Now my beer has strange white circles on the top of it. I doubt This could be a bacterial infection that grew that quickly im just a little concerned. I know the best thing would probably just be to RDWHAHB but some thoughts on why it stated to ferment again would be appreciated.

ere is a picture of the white stuff floating on top of my beer.

IMG-20120131-00045.jpg

I don't know why i didn't think about CO2. I guess i was just over thinking things. like usual:eek:

One of the best things about switching to a conical fermenter is that I can't see what's happening any more! Some times what happens in the fermenter should stay in the fermenter...if you know what i mean!

+1 on what happens in the fermenter stays in the fermenter. I have a Plastic pale to ferment in but i still always look in it( i make sure to sanitize well while im doing so) but maybe its because this is only my 4th batch and im still learning:)

Back