Gluten Free Bard's Homebrewing Kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestsupplies

Reaction score
We have just released a gluten free homebrewing kit. This kit was developed in collaboration with Bard's Tale Beer Company, and it utilizes their proprietary malt extract. We brewed the kit for all of the employees prior to release, and it is fantastic. You can find it here at http://www.midwestsupplies.com/bard-s-homebrew.html If you have any questions about the kit feel free to ask, we are here to help.

Cheers!

Hey midwest, we actually already have 2 posts about your guys' kit. It seems rather expensive when compared to sorghum syrup. Can you go into detail about the differences between sorghum extract from malted grain and sorghum syrup? Perhaps that would help us see the reasons for the large cost increase.

Also, would it be possible to put the extract as a separate item? I already have 20lbs of hops and don't require the ones in the kit.

PS I also understand that 34/70 is an expensive yeast which contributes to the cost of the kit as well, but even so there is a large cost difference.

Unfortunately we can not sell the malt separately. Part of the deal we have with Bard's is that the malt must be sold as part of a kit. The Bard's sorghum is the exact malt that they use to make the Bard's Tale beer. We understand that the price is higher, however as homebrewers we have tried beer made with the regular white sorghum and beer made with the Bard's sorghum malt, we feel the Bard's is a superior product.

thanks much for this! I am also interested in the ingredients of this proprietary blend, but not so much in proportions of the blend. we just have to consider that those of us with celiacs all have very individualized reactions and sensitivities to a vast range of grains. some of us can have oats and corn, some of us cannot. it appears that the ingredient listed in the malt is just white sorghum. is this true?

thanks much for this! I am also interested in the ingredients of this proprietary blend, but not so much in proportions of the blend. we just have to consider that those of us with celiacs all have very individualized reactions and sensitivities to a vast range of grains. some of us can have oats and corn, some of us cannot. it appears that the ingredient listed in the malt is just white sorghum. is this true?

As far as I can understand it, the "Sorghum malt extract" is just sorghum, malted, mashed, and boiled down to extract.

"Sorghum Syrup" is an actual product extracted from sorghum that is not created the same way.

im only sensitive to wheat rye and barley, so im lucky.. just trying to help someone prevent the, OH S**** this has corn (yada.ect) type of scenario.

Latest posts

Back