Way To Regulate Propane Burner Tempature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankyBeaverBrewery

Reaction score
ive been trying to look up most of this stuff so i don`t have to seem so dumb asking all these questions..

but ive been trying to find something that can regulate my tempature of the boil in my mash tun and HLT....

As in i set the temp to 170 and the controller will auto adjust to keep the temp at that certian temp for a period of time...

is there anything like that for a propane burner system ?

Yes. I use this on my rig. It involves buying PID temp controllers which monitor temps, and some Solenoid valves to turn the gas on and off when your temps are at the right level.

You are looking for a HERMS or RIMS system. Do a forum search, or just go start reading away in the DYI Forum. I would love to go this route as well, but it gets a bit pricey if you can't DYI, and I am not confident in my abilities to do electrical work and soldering!

Good luck!

anyone know a link for this type of instal ? ive found someting similar but not this this as it was electric.. as i have propane burners.

Latest posts

Back