Chop house and brewery (cleveland)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Tonight i went to the chop house and brewery in cleveland. Here is my critique. Food was out of this world as well as the service A++++++.
here were their brews of which i had the sampler all 5 ozs
Scottish heavy----b-
octoberfest-----b+
belgian wit------B
Porter--------Im to inexperienced to judge but tasted alright
bohemian pils------B
American light-----A
Irish red----------I was getting a little tipsy by the time i got to this one
There was a couple others but i cant for the life of me remember them.

Over all the beer was alright not out of this world but the outstanding service and awesome food would definitly have me coming back. Be prepared to drop some serious cash on food.

I looked in to going there but was told that part of town wasnt as nice.

Your review of the Chophouse was similar to mine. Beer was good but nothing outstanding. Food was better.

The area around Great Lakes is quite different from the Warehouse district but I would not say its not as nice. In addition to Great Lakes around the corner from them is the BierMart which has a great selection of Belgium beers on tap. The only food I've had there so far is the frites (fries) which were the best fries I have had.

I like the food at Great lakes but it is simpler fare than the Chophouse. Glad you enjoyed your night out in Cleveland. Are you in town long?

Craig

Im in town for another week. Ive sort of on and off stayed here for work the last couple months.

Im in town for another week. Ive sort of on and off stayed here for work the last couple months.

Well then you have time to hit a couple more local joints to see how they compare.
In addition to Great Lakes and the Bier Markt in Ohio City, Winking Lizard is a great place to go for a large selection of less common beers from around the world. They serve basically pub food but have 100 beers on their menu and many I have trouble finding any place else. If your working downtown there is one in the Gateway district. Great place to watch a game if you can find a seat.

Out east Willoughby Brewing company in Willoughby has some good beers and food. Their beers are definitely better than the Chophouse and the food is reasonably priced.

On the west side I have heard good things about the Beer Engine but I havn't made it out there yet.

Craig

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. Im thinking of hitting up Great Lakes tonight. If i dont get called into work that is.

Back