blonde ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjdunlap2

Reaction score
i brewed a blonde ale and it is ready to be bottled but it looks just like the hefe i did last month dark and kinda orange it should be more golden or blonde what do i do

yeah, give some more details about your brewing process, the beer should clear up some more over time.

Not much you can do about the color at this point but I am sure it will taste fine.

Well it's probably because it was an extract brew. Extract brews come out darker in color. I never had light color brews until I went to all grain. There shouldn't be anything wrong with it, it's just a little darker.

Nothing you can do about this one now but bottle it.

See then if the colour is right. A larger volume in a carboy skewers the colour, so you might not be off at all.

You can lighten an extract somewhat by waiting until the last 15-20 minutes to add the extract. I've been putting 1/2 lb in with the bittering (60 min) hop addition. Then the rest at 15.

Nothing you can do about this one now but bottle it.

See then if the colour is right. A larger volume in a carboy skewers the colour, so you might not be off at all.

+1. My wit looked great running through tubes yesterday but looks really dark in the carboy today.

ok heres wht i did boiled about 3 gallons of water added the LME boiled it for like 25 30 min then added bittering hops boiled for another 20 30 min then added aroma hops boiled for a while then put in my wort chiller, cooled it then added it to the carboy

With LME you will never get a true blond color. I brewed a wit which came out like a dark amber. But it should taste ok, just have ta live with a dirty blonde :D

Drink it anyway. Unless you're entering it into a competition, the color isn't really too significant as long as the beer is good!

Back