Alright, Spill your guts! er, yer Kegerators...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Okay. Lot's of spiffy threads with pics of complete finished kegerators.

I wanna see the dirty details! Finished and unfinished, what makes your kegerator tick!

I wanna see the inner workings. I am trying to figure mine out. How to run and organize the gaslines and manifolds. I've got my faucets ready just waiting on shanks. Trying to decide where everything will go. I will post pics myself once I get going.

until then here is how it stands.
Messy.jpg

actually, it is way more tangled now. This was a few months ago. Hard to close the door sometimes.

come on! Nobody wants to show off the inner workings of their rigs?

What is on the inside can be beautiful too ya know. ;)

Please excuse my embarrassing display of commercial brews, I just started home brewing 2 weeks ago! Plans are to keep one tap commercial and one for my stuff, unless it's really good, then bye bye sanke!
DSCN1486.jpg

I still have work to do on mine. I've made a good manifold and have the faucets installed, but the gas and beer lines are all over the place, and I need to make a replacement bottom shelf like yours that'll be studier and will let me keep some sixers underneath.

But, it pours good beer! No more picnics taps (need a couple more faucets, though).

Here's my sequence Part I

Cooling lines before drilling the holes in the fridge. Once the holes were drilled the "box" with the cooling line was lifted up against the bottom of the bar top
coolinglines.jpg

tubesbelowtower.jpg

After drilling hols in the fridge I caulked PVC elbow to connect the cooling lines to. The wires are for the fan.
Fridgeconnection.jpg

Tower being assembled
tubesintotower.jpg

Part II
topoftower.jpg

Completed tower assembly

tower.jpg

CO2 Manifold

CO2manifold.jpg

Cooling set up for my beer lines. The fan blows into the fridge so the coldest air is sucked in over the beer lines.

beerlines.jpg

This was just over a year ago and I've been working piecemeal finish up the rest of the bar. I'm making and installing custom molding now and making some doors to cover the glassware storage cupboards. I need to take some new pictures. I have one tap in my fridge door and am going to install a second to give me 4 taps total. I've got a second CO2 tank that I need to run a tubing into my fridge for (w/ disconnects) so I can serve at two different pressures. My CO2 tank(s) is(are) outside the fridge. The CO2 tubing fit just nicely inside a piece to PVC tubing so I intalled a PVC sleeve to protect the CO2 line(s) from sharp edges. I have two tanks so I have a portable one for our mobile beer cart.

Get a 10 lb. When I bought my second tank I bought a 10#. It cost about $15-20 more. The savings is getting it filled. Most of the charge is labor. Out at GTS (on the Benner Pike) it costs me ~$13 to fill the 5# and ~$15 for the 10#!!

I bought my equipment from MicroMatic. The prices are pretty good, but you'd have to pay sales tax here in PA. Quick shipping.

I did score some more kegs so I think I could pass one along to you. I need to do a head count first and see if I have enough for my lager brewing plans.

I have seen a lot of people that keep there Tanks in the Fridge or Freezer.. Does it matter? Does it do anything to the Gas?

RICLARK said:
I have seen a lot of people that keep there Tanks in the Fridge or Freezer.. Does it matter? Does it do anything to the Gas?
It will reduce the gas pressure in the tank (but doesn't affect the amount of gas you use), other than that it's mostly about convenience and getting it out of sight.

Here a few shots of the innerworkings of mine. Just finished building it today...
Still planning on adding a tower cooler in the next few weeks or so.
y1pwA-M09OLN_-Zso_ULu0KzoWO6sQyfJhWK-EukoWSgxnmKL2hpOFiPqzpy91wkcZvAIO1qbB23AU

y1pwA-M09OLN_9kXf-Ka99m0APVc-x1cWMyeMN2OBhWPnwg6LQO__9wDHKNxGeUczAgVjCxY2YaSGE

y1pwA-M09OLN__JrycNDIiyfMYrRtiNS_qfWUSfiGb_Ads-VIm7CTrPbxqWPkhXIFQsMS1hhrV9Su0

I have a question for the OP (zero), what size fridge is that (14-15cu.ft. for the fridge part?) and how many kegs do you have in it?

Some day soon I will show off my kegerator...

pjj2ba said:
Get a 10 lb. When I bought my second tank I bought a 10#. It cost about $15-20 more. The savings is getting it filled. Most of the charge is labor. Out at GTS (on the Benner Pike) it costs me ~$13 to fill the 5# and ~$15 for the 10#!!

I bought my equipment from MicroMatic. The prices are pretty good, but you'd have to pay sales tax here in PA. Quick shipping.

I did score some more kegs so I think I could pass one along to you. I need to do a head count first and see if I have enough for my lager brewing plans.

I have a 5lb tank, and its due for hydro...I was asking the guy at the fire extinguisher place that I get my tank filled about getting another one, so I have two...He told me to get a 10lb tank...20 bucks CHEAPER, than a 5, and only a few bucks more to fill...Only downside is it wont fit in my fridge with 4 cornys...So I will have to drill through the side, and leave it on the outside of the fridge...Probably make a wooden box for it to sit in to hide it. My fridge is in SWMBOs laundry room, so she wants it to "look nice".... Oh, the cost of the 10lb tank was 50 bucks, full, and a fresh hydro...

Latest posts

Back