An ODE... to the old pos stove.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Gawd Damn!!!!!

Less than ideal, but that is a BIG pot at FULL boil.

ForumRunner_20121209_191202.png

It does the same for old Bessie if I asks it.

Awesome for indoor.

ForumRunner_20121209_191329.png

I boil 7 gallons on my kitchen stove. Takes a little while, but I get a decent boil.

Now THAT is an old stove... I'm surprised you can even get a boil on it! (Although, judging by the top, it looks like mayhaps you've had a few boilovers?)

It seems that the old electric stoves do not have the same thermostats on them so they will crank out heat until they catch themselves on fire. Mine is younger than yours, but I can get considerably larger boils than the 6 year old one I used when I was renting.

yeah, the stove in my condo was put in when the place was built in 1978 and it can take 3.75 gallons to a rolling boil...I haven't tried it with more. But the stove in my old loft which was turned into lofts in 2,000 could barely handle 2.5 gallons.

I boil 7 gallons on my kitchen stove. Takes a little while, but I get a decent boil.

Me too. But I have felt pretty lucky about that for the past three years I have been in two different apartments (both apartments had the same model stove). Just stepped up to a 240v Electric BK though now so I no longer have to worry about that, or boil-over. :)

Now THAT is an old stove... I'm surprised you can even get a boil on it! (Although, judging by the top, it looks like mayhaps you've had a few boilovers?)

Only one in the last year.....but it was recent!;)

See my other recent thread ;)
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/boilover-evil-demon-373208/

...and isnt an ode usually in song form? Where is the ditty cheezy?

Old stove, old stove, the one I despise
Though you cook my food, You are old in my eyes
But you boiled my wort
Like it were just a sport
What a fine brewing surprise!

I've got an old magic chef that looks like it came out of the Brady household. ...it's not worth praise tho.

Back