Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what ever happened t o ThatGuyRyan? He used to buy 10 sacks minimum every buy.

Probably not until March or April. It's 42 sacks per pallet. Not sure how many pallets we should aim for.

Begin2Brew said:
awesome! I could use a sack of pale malt. I went to the website and registered.

I don't see your hbt user name anywhere.

I've got a sack of Rye malt on my order I'd be willing to split in half if someone is interested.

We are at 79 sacks. Should we add a third pallet? I'm thinking yes since its only been 72 hours since we started. Comments?

If anyone is willing to relay south I'd like to get in on this. I'm about an hour south of crown point on I-65. Anyone already going in that direction let me know. Thanks.

RC0032 hop splits are being done by individual, for example I have 11 lbs each Nelson Sauvin and Pacific Jade both of which filled very quickly.

So if there a delicious flavor you want add it to your order and post a msg for split takers... I might be good with another couple lbs depending on variety.

Brewmeister I go as far as Munster, there was a guy in Hobart last buy.

Bill, any idea how they handle the hop contracts or would you mind asking with the next rfp. I might be willing to park some hard to get types

Bill, any idea how they handle the hop contracts or would you mind asking with the next rfp. I might be willing to park some hard to get types

they will accept our order for hop contracts but I am 99.99% sure thay you have to pay up front. Maybe I'll go in with you. Whatcha thinking?

bmason1623 said:
they will accept our order for hop contracts but I am 99.99% sure thay you have to pay up front. Maybe I'll go in with you. Whatcha thinking?

Was thinking citra simcoe, I'm open, thought it be nice to secure some of the harder to come by at a decent price types for brew year 2013.. we don't have to get them all in one buy of course. Would you at least inquire about it...I think it would be cool for the good of the whole.

Our Hopped Up MoFo used almost 3 lbs of hops for a 15 gal

Neopol said:
Was thinking citra simcoe, I'm open, thought it be nice to secure some of the harder to come by at a decent price types for brew year 2013.. we don't have to get them all in one buy of course. Would you at least inquire about it...I think it would be cool for the good of the whole.

Our Hopped Up MoFo used almost 3 lbs of hops for a 15 gal

I would like to partake in a 2013 contract purchase on some of those guys myself. Hopefully we can make that work! 1lb hops per 5 gallons... Awesome!!!

RC0032 said:
What we need are more hop splits. Who was heading up that effort?

Depending on your lead, I could also follow in on some hops

RC0032 hop splits are being done by individual, for example I have 11 lbs each Nelson Sauvin and Pacific Jade both of which filled very quickly.
Quick is the right word!! Do you have a list of hops they offer?

RC0032 said:
Quick is the right word!! Do you have a list of hops they offer?

Starts about page 12 of that PDF catalog linked on the ordering site

At the top of your order there are 2 URLs, one catalog and one spreadsheet, the pdf will download, I can email it to you if you need, pm me you email if you can't figure it out.

I only see a link for people that have ordered.

On thegroup buy site, after logging into the link "group buy #6", look directly under Bill's email address at the top. There should be two tiny urls

Anyone keen to split some specialty grains? interested in a 2 to 5 way split of caramunich

On thegroup buy site, after logging into the link "group buy #6", look directly under Bill's email address at the top. There should be two tiny urls
Genius!! I just say the XXXBuy6 and thought they were the same!

Ok who is interested in the following:
Northern Brewer
Warrior®
Magnum (Germain)
Cascade

Finally got signed up on the site. Just need a confirm. Probably will only be in for 1 sack of 2 row and possibly a split depending on what's out there.

From what I read on the hops page you can sign a contract, but you pay throughout the year, and you have to have spent the entire amount by December or they charge you for the amount you did not purchase.

ghoti said:
From what I read on the hops page you can sign a contract, but you pay throughout the year, and you have to have spent the entire amount by December or they charge you for the amount you did not purchase.

Can you give an example please?

SpacemanSpiff said:
Finally got signed up on the site. Just need a confirm. Probably will only be in for 1 sack of 2 row and possibly a split depending on what's out there.

Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back