Please help me name my brewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesbray

Reaction score
So i'm having a very hard time coming up with a name for my brewery. I moved to Canada from England 2 years ago so i've been trying to come up with something that captures England and Canada. Any ideas guys?

What if it were sarcastically anti monarchy?

Wild Peasant Brewery.

For mine, I just took my last name (which is one language) and translated it into German. It's not all that different from my current last name...but it sounds better.

Grillen Brewing.

You cant just come up with a name like it was nothing, it needs meaning. I have been pondering this concept for several months now and still have not settled on something. When the time comes you will know. till then worry about making good beer!

You cant just come up with a name like it was nothing, it needs meaning. I have been pondering this concept for several months now and still have not settled on something. When the time comes you will know. till then worry about making good beer!

I agree with this. Even though I'm labeling my beer with "Grillen Brewing", it still doesn't feel right.

exile brewery eh!

but on the label you could just put exile brewery A, kind of a play on the famous canadian catch phrase of eh and the fact you exiled north :)

Good luck and I am jealous… I have about ¼ of the money need to open a brewery here in Virginia…

What do you think of Virgin Queen Brewing (HA)

I like beers from the UK and always thought the English-American Brewery would be OK if it was not such a mouthful... (I brew English styles a lot)

So don't think "Royal" think Regal... (Remember this is also for Marketing and people eat that stuff up) and there is a rich history to pull from….

Maybe go just go back as far to a WW2 Battle where the Tommie’s and their Canadian cousins fought together under great odds and won!

Or name it after a famous Canadian of English decent…

Or name it for you favorite pub, place, person from England… I would make sure they don’t sue though

Churchill West
Piccadilly West
YOUR NAME HERE WEST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub_names

Good luck.

It took me 2 years to finally settle on my name. I had used my last name until I decided to name it after my dog: Suva Slobber Brewing Co.

EC brewing . Co. I think that captures both names I hope this helps out and best of luck to ya hope to buy a bottle in the us soon A :)

doesn't have to be spectacular. i named mine "brown brick haus brewery" (last name, and i live in a brick house, and i'm german, so haus instead of house)...

Pond Jumper Brewing? Since you're "across the pond" and all? Doesnt really capture the Canada part... but I figure being brewed in Canada does kind of cover it...

I call my beer Double Tracks, since we have two railroad lines that cross right outside my place... that and if i ever open a brewery I figured Double Track Tap has a nice ring to it.

Canadian Redcoat Brewery
Northern Limey Brews
Bloody True North Brewery

LOL I dont know.... Like others have said before it has to mean something to you. Personaly my brews go by the name of Tech Head Brewery. I bet you can guess my other hobby :D

wesbray said:
So i'm having a very hard time coming up with a name for my brewery. I moved to Canada from England 2 years ago so i've been trying to come up with something that captures England and Canada. Any ideas guys?

Mounty Python's Flying Brewery

Hope you are not in Montreal, Quebec, or Toronto you English Kuniggit!

Both flags are red and white, so how about:

Red, White, and Brew

... with your logo as the opposite wording of this tattoo.

Canada-England-Tattoo-tattoo-115257.jpg

Very interesting, not sure if i'll name the brewery after him but at least a brew!

I named an IPA after him, partially because Bramllng Cross hops have mixed British-Canadian parentage. Intrepid Brewing could work, unless you want to name it after Justin Bieber or Celine Dion.

I was thinking about that one but I think people would assume I was a US brewer.

I don't think so. It's a great, catchy name. I would def go with it. Plus, the "Born in England~Made in Canada" part (along with the artwork) will dispel any loose association with America from the title. Every brewery needs a good slogan and logo in addition to a great name.

Foggy White North
I'm still trying to figure out a name too, just using Setzer's Brewhaus for now since my last name is German.

Hey,

The first thing that pops to my mind is BNA Brewery (Britsh North America Brewery) . Britsh North America is the name for Canada before it got it's independance from England. A throw back to the good ol' days.

Sounds better to me each time I say it to myself!:)

The "I Have Little to No Creativity Brewery."

Asking people what to name your brewery is like asking someone what to name your newborn child. Don't be so lazy. Think long and hard about it.

Both flags are red and white, so how about:

Red, White, and Brew

... with your logo as the opposite wording of this tattoo.

So bobbrews, I think i'm going to go with this. I'm sure the logo will dispel any thoughts of it being US. Thanks alot, there's at least a six-pack in this for you.

I'm obviously going to adapt it from that tattoo instead of being sued, but its a great starting point.

Thanks! :tank:

Latest posts

Back