Adding Banana Liqueur to the Secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newguy3420

Reaction score
I currently have a Newcastle brown ale in primary and I'm looking to add a Banana liqueur to the secondary or at bottling. I wanted to add at bottling to taste but then I would have to account for the sugars when bottling. If I add to the secondary and let the sugars ferment out then transfer to the bottling bucket, will I still be left with the same flavor?

It won't be exactly the same but very close. Or u can add to your glass after opening the bottle. I would add to a secondary and let it mesh for a week then bottle.

Done this a couple times. For me it was just as easy to add it at bottling. Comes out nice and a pretty good bump in alcohol, cut the priming sugar back a bit to avoid over carbing.

How much have you added before Six Footer? I'm looking at adding an ounce per bottle based on sampling so I was thinking that it would over carb my beer if I add it at bottling. Thoughts

I have added 750 Malibu Bananna to 5 gallon batch and used the regular 5oz priming sugar and it was over carbed a bit. Cut the sugar back to 3 oz and it was ok, I would go with 4oz sugar for a 5 gallon batch and 750 bananna rum. Tasty

That's what i'm freaked out about. 750ml is about 25 oz. I'm looking at double so thats why I thought to wait it out and then add priming sugar as usual.

Back