Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this order probably will not be placed until the beginning/middle of November. If there is anyone out of the area that may be coming "home" for Thanksgiving, I can store your grains for you until then. This order will be for grains only. We need 42 sacks to fill the pallet. Last time shipping came to $6.00 per sack that was ordered. Post in this message what you would like to order. When the pallet is filled, I will PM everyone's totals to them. You can then pay me through PayPal, money order, or personal check. PayPal is preferred as it is the quickest. All funds will need to clear my bank before I place the order. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Tom

price sheet: NCM Price Sheet

Above is the link to the price sheets. We will be using Tier 1 Prices (<1,000#)

Pick-up Location:
West Side Warehouse
1501 Gary Street
Bethlehem, PA 18017

Pick-up date:
TBA

Current Order: 42 sacks

Partial sacks still available: NONE

johnodon- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-MUNH

pava- 3x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/2x BZ-MUNH

CoalCracker- 2x CM-2ROW

lustreking- 1x TF-MOPA

bentpirate- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/4x GW-C60

TomRep- 3x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-PILS, 1/2x BZ-VIEN, 1/2x BZ-MUNH, 1/2x TF-MOPA

Sithdad- 1/2x TF-MOPA, 1/4x GW-C60

Oldfart- 4x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-SPIL, 1x GW-C40, 1/2x BZ-Vien, 1/4x GW-C60

rianrt- 1x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x TF-MOPA

psutimmah- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x GW-C40

jwible204- 2x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-SPIL, 1/4x GW-C60

beeber- 1x CM-2ROW

kryolla- 1x CM-2ROW

Hi Tom,

Thanks for putting this together again...it's looking like we will have no problem getting this order filled up. If it's ok, I will probably have you bring my bags back to your house and I can p/u there if that works for you again (like last time), but we can figure that out closer to the time. In any case here is my order.

3x CM-2ROW
1x BD-MOPA
1x BZ-PILS

Hey pava! Not a problem bringing your grains back. Yeah we should have no problem at all filling this order. Due to the time frame, we may even be able to get two pallets.
tom

Am I correct in thinking a sack of two row comes out to about 29/sack shipped? If so, put me down for 2.

2x cm-2row

unmilled in a sealed container at a cooler temperature and dry environment...quite awhile! Heck I have about a 1/4 sack of MO from the last buy sitting on my basement floor (cool but a little damp) in nothing more then the sack it came in with the top rolled over and it's still fine.

Tom

Thank you for doing this!!
May I please order;
1 - Marris Otter
2 - 2 row
1 - Pils
Any questions please let me know - thanks again, this is great

Not a problem Bentpirate, just need to know what kind of malts you want. a lot of people (myself included) like Canada malting's 2 row. For Marris Otter I ordered the Bairds last time. For the Pils, I love Best Malz. Let me know the types you want and I'll post your order on the front page. thanks!
Tom

Is anyone interested in splitting some sacks? I could use a 1/2 of Marris Otter. Vienna, and Light Munich. Could also use a 1/4-1/3 of crystal 60.
tom

Is anyone interested in splitting some sacks? I could use a 1/2 of Marris Otter. Vienna, and Light Munich. Could also use a 1/4-1/3 of crystal 60.
tom

Tom, I could use some crystal 60, but I don't know what I'd do with much more than 5 lbs or so.

I'll split the other half of the MO with you. I'd prefer Thomas Fawcett if that's ok with you. I'd also be willing to buy in on the 60. I think that might be about it for me, right now.

Hey guys. It appears the link to the price sheet was broken. I have an e-mail in to NCM to get a valid link. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Until then you can post up what your interested in and I can get the price for you. Sorry for the glitch.
Tom

Hey Tom,

Put me in for a definite:

3 X CM-2ROW
1 X TF-MOPA
1 X GW-C40

I'll PayPal ASAP like last time, thanx for your efforts!

Hey guys. It appears the link to the price sheet was broken. I have an e-mail in to NCM to get a valid link. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Until then you can post up what your interested in and I can get the price for you. Sorry for the glitch.
Tom

I wonder if this means that some of teh prices might be chanigng. Not that it would be by much...pennies...but just somehting to look into so there are no surprises.

John

Yeah I thought about that John. Before I started the group buy I e-mailed NCM to see if my price sheet was still good and never got a responce. I went into the Philly group buy and the link they had posted for their prices was the same sheet I had, so thats what I went with. Hopefully they get back with me today sometime and we can be sure everything is in line.
Tom

Okay all, computer dummy here. i have the new link for the price sheet, however, I want to change the tag for the web address. I don't want to post the actual address cause you need a password to get onto it. Anyone know how to do it on here? thanks!
tom

Hey Tom,
Look's like to a great start for buy # 2, you're doing a great job once again! I can tell any fence sitters out there that buy #1 went seamlessly and represents a huge savings over LHBS prices for all grain brewers.

I have a suggestion, is there any way to get a more centralized pick up spot that would be more convieniant, ie..someplace a little more central to Lancaster Reading Allentown, maybe the Reading area. I don't mind traveling to Bethlehem because my son and I make a stop to Cabela's on the way back. I think we could attract more brewers from the Lancaster/Reading area etc.. if they didn't have such a long haul to Bethlehem. Might even pick up some brewers from the West Chester area as well.

Just a thought, as I'm still in on this purchase.

A pick up in Reading would be great, but I myself do not know anyone that has access to a loading dock. You can do a pick up at either A. Duie Pyle or NEWF's central depot's, but those are even further then Bethlehem (for me atleast). If anyone knows of a loading dock in the Reading area that can be used, please let me know.
Thanks!
Tom

This might make it too much to manage, but their hop prices are also awesome. Most are at $0.50/oz or less!! Wow.

Yeah I never did a hop buy from them yet. I know the Philly guys have done one, I just never got there yet. I think the toughest part with that is you can only buy them in 11# blocks or something like that. That alone could make it very difficult to get enough people interested in the buy let alone hop varieties we can agree on. It's definitely not out of the question, just not for this buy. Maybe I will look into it if there is enough interest and do a hop buy after Christmas.
Tom

If it would get more people to order I wouldn't mind picking up the order at my warehouse and bringing it into Reading. I would probably need some help getting the entire order down there. I don't think I can't fit all of the bags in my minivan. If you find another place that would certainly be easier, but I'd like to see this go through so I'd bring it down to help out.

Yeah and keep in mind guys (gals?), Last time I brought a crap load of sacks back to my place (Fleetwood) and people picked up there. I have no problem doing this again as long as it is set up ahead of time. If you would want to throw me some homebrew or gas money, that's entirely up to you. I'm not asking for anything other then a smooth group buy and some cheap malt! Couple new friends in the end works nicely too. Sith- I appreciate that offer, but since I live in the Reading area it's not really necessary.
Tom

I would but I don't need that much. I would take about 10lbs.. That's all I would need. That would last me a while.

Wow, still a ways away from the 42 sacks we need...as much interest as there seemed when this started I thought this would've been filled up by now. Glad I don't need this grain to brew right now, but am hoping we can fill this order in the next couple of weeks.

I've been getting a lot of messages for people looking for a closer pick up toward Lancaster/York area. If anyone that is already in the buy would be willing to help transport some grains in that area and/or out into the Harrisburg area, please post it up. We had to do that last time for some people and if there is anyone new looking at jumping in this time, they may not be aware of that.
Tom

Hey Tom,

If you can update/change my order to the following: cancel what is listed currently listed for Oldfart, and update to:

- 4x CM-2ROW
- 1 x CM-SPIL
- 1 x GW-C40

and....

Partials currently available

- 1/2 x BZ- VIEN
- 1/4 x GW- C60

This update should help a little to get closer to the magic 42 sacks.

By changing my orginal order, we gain 1 3/4 net sack gain.

Thanx for your efforts and patience.

I've been getting a lot of messages for people looking for a closer pick up toward Lancaster/York area. If anyone that is already in the buy would be willing to help transport some grains in that area and/or out into the Harrisburg area, please post it up. We had to do that last time for some people and if there is anyone new looking at jumping in this time, they may not be aware of that.
Tom

Good morning Tom; As stated before, I am new to this bulk buy however I live in East Petersburg (Lanc. Co.). In order to fill the order, I would be willing to load my truck up for folks in Lancaster and York to make it easier. Pm me if this is something worth while

Back