Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYHC !!! My friend Jim plays guitar for them and back in the late 90's early 00's I played many a show with them as well

Last edited by a moderator:
The walls in my office at work. I got my entire CD and record collection here, plus the Flex discography book, some DVDs, and a turntable. As for the records, I got a nice little collection here. Misfits, Descendents, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Operation Ivy, Screeching Weasel, Stooges, etc.

20130108_162707.jpg

20130108_162821.jpg

the gorilla biscuits just played here with youth of today a couple days ago. i had to work. tickets were close to 40 bucks tho...kinda lame.

been in a Templars mood all day...rumor has it they may be playing a show in chicago in the near/not so near future.

Cool thread!

Grew up listening to all the "skate" punk. Black Flag, DK, bad brains, minor threat and op ivy were some of my favorites and still are.

Best show was at the hollywood paladium in '93 or 94, Bad Religion and Rancid. Green Day (kerplunk album days) actually opened and stole the show, super talented guys, wasn't surprised but very dissapointed they got embraced by the MTV BS and lost the punk soul. Glad I got to see them when i did.

fergyrock said:
Cool thread!

Grew up listening to all the "skate" punk. Black Flag, DK, bad brains, minor threat and op ivy were some of my favorites and still are.

Best show was at the hollywood paladium in '93 or 94, Bad Religion and Rancid. Green Day (kerplunk album days) actually opened and stole the show, super talented guys, wasn't surprised but very dissapointed they got embraced by the MTV BS and lost the punk soul. Glad I got to see them when i did.

This reminds me if when I saw sweet children back in like 87' or so in california which became green day then in like 90' I think and I saw them as green day in 91'ish still not really known and they were a third stage quasi known band I don't remember the tour name damn I wish I remembered. All I know is green day as a no name had a bigger audience then the main stage. Those were the good green day days.

love me some punk. really love some of the more noisy, atypical stuff like flipper and stickmen with rayguns (one of the most underappreciated bands ever). the mob is really good goth punk type stuff as well. can't beat classics like black flag, dead kennedys and the misfits.

I really, really need to see SOIA one more time in the city. I mean, I have seen em in other places, but nothing beats their shows in NYC.

WHY am I NEVER in the right place to see GB live?? Fail...

The Menzingers "On the Impossible Past". Hands down my favorite album of 2012. Against me rules, but I'm pretty depressed that Jay Weinberg left the band.
Also, if anyone cars, I hear this band is ****ty, likes to get drunk and play really loud:
bandcamp.restlessammunition.com, facebook.com/restlessammunition
...ps, it's my band

while this didnt come out in 2012, i didnt come across it till then. but i listened to this band alot in the past year. species bender was my fav album. [ame="http://youtu.be/Ya6aFxQxE2I"]http://youtu.be/Ya6aFxQxE2I[/ame]

My old band opened for GBH, TSOL, Social D, and Rancid. It was kind of a 77 style clash meets the US Bombs.

I've been on a serious psychobilly kick for the last few weeks. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for some obscure bands that I might not have heard of. Although, that pretty much defines psychobilly now that I think about it.

So, the band I used to tour with has pretty much had a revolving door of drummers since I left in 2007. They recorded a full length album with me back in April of 2012 and have been through two drummers since, the last one quitting as recently as two weeks ago. They have since asked me to do one last tour with them that was already in the planning stages and I agreed. We'll actually be hitting the road mid-late March and I'd love it if some of you could make it out. Here are the dates:

3/15-wapakoneta,oh (booked)
3/16-someset,ky (booked)
3/17-clarksville,tn
3/18-nashville,tn
3/19-knoxville,tn
3/20-chattanooga,tn
3/21-birmingham,al
3/22-jackson,ms (booked)
3/23-biloxi,ms
3/24-atlanta,ga
3/25-columbia,sc
3/26-greensboro,nc
3/27-richmond,va
3/28-dc
3/29-baltiomore,md
3/30-pittsburgh.pa

Also, if you know someone who does shows in any of the cities not listed as "booked" we'd appreciate some help in securing those dates. If you can help out please contact these guys:

Booking-
End This War Productions
[email protected]
keith dalton: (601) 832-3751
stephen smith: (601)730-9000

Here's a song off of the last record I did with them (that's me with the huge mohawk behind the kit).

The new stuff is along the lines of Motorhead and DRI. Once again, I'd love to see some of you guys come out for the show and thanks if you can help out!

I used to work for Dr. Strange Records way back in the day. I had access to so much good music and even had the opportunity to hang with the great Peter and the Test Tube Babies.

when I lived in Vegas, Resist & Exist played a back yard show, along with some local wanna be crust. I got kicked out. the girls who put it together were self proclaimed riot girls. in reality, they just loved Rosie the Riveter & writing crappy 'zines. the whole time Resit played, Jay kept stopping and starting sentences with, "I don't know about out here, but in California...". I mocked everything he said & kept telling him to "go back to California then". this still wasn't enough for them to throw me out. it was a small joke that did the trick. between bands, I got on the mic and asked, "How many riot girls does it take to change a light bulb? Four. One to do it & three to write a 'zine about it."

moral of the story: It's OK to pee in a riot girls back yard in the middle of a crowd in broad daylight while some crust band is spewing gardening tips, squatting tips, and political nonsense.

last show i got kicked out of was DRI. got jumped by 3 sxe kids. bad day to be sxe. got the whole show shut down. :)

I haven't even been to a show in years. I got tired of all the old heads pacing the back of the shows, all in the same crossed arms stance and either nodding to each other in approval or shaking their heads in disgust. and all the young ones trying to prove exactly how punk rock they were to each other & all the old heads. but Rapid City, SD has always been that way.

The last shows I've been to have been hip hop (The Coup), reggae (Toots and the Maytals), and industrial (Atari Teenage Riot). It's been at least a few years since I've been to a punk/hardcore show. Hudson Falcons/a bunch of local bands or The Business/Iron Cross , or it could have been another Hudson Falcons/Sab's newer band show (all decent shows with decent crowds). Or maybe it was that free Leftover Crack show where I got too fed up with the crusties puking everywhere long before the doors even opened that I just bailed and never even saw the show. Don't remember which was more recent. Like I said, it's been a while.

now that i think about it, ive been to alot of shows and been kicked out of since then, but that was the most fun. haha. the Templars are playing Chicago in March or May...i can recall. you should make yer way down Billy.

Listening to E Town Concrete out of NJ/. Saw them with Biohazard a couple of years ago.

Last concert was the Big 4 at Yankee Stadium...Anthrax, Megadeath, Slayer and Metallica

Latest posts

Back