What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first bottle of my first batch brewed - NB's Bavarian Hefeweizen. Already tasty, and will get better with age. When I finish that, I'll be cracking into a Lagunitas Uncensored.

Tonight...

image-2818925473.jpg

a breakfast stout I made a month and a few weeks ago. It's been bottled for two weeks and I'm doing my weekly update to see how it's coming along, which probably isn' that good of an idea since it has coffee in it and I have to be up in 5 hours to go to work. It's damn good though. Might open another before I head to bed.

Nøgne Ø Two Captains, nice to finally har a Norsk beer i California, and their take on a double IPA is great, due to its differences from West Coast Double IPA. The yeast character is nice, and am curious due to the shape of the yeast cake, if it is a wild yeast. Either way, it has been reclaimed.

I picked up my third case of shiners "ruby red".. I really like this beer since we a lil heat wave in the northeast... Im trying to get into some good fruit beers and grapefruit is where I'm starting. I think. I also have a pale ale and a wheat on tap that i'm happy with i keged a few weeks ago..

I picked up my third case of shiners "ruby red".. I really like this beer since we a lil heat wave in the northeast... Im trying to get into some good fruit beers and grapefruit is where I'm starting. I think. I also have a pale ale and a wheat on tap that i'm happy with i keged a few weeks ago..

Shiner Ruby Red is Delicious!! One of my faves, especially on a hot day in Texas! :drunk:

John John Dead Guy.This slightly remindes me of my overmalty infected lakefront esbish clone. I like this dead guy more though.

North Coast kinda night. Sharing a Brother Thelonious with a buddy. But the Old Rasputin is all mine...

My belgian tripel leftover gallon, dryhopped on 1oz Zythos, and again on 1oz Cascade. It's like a liquid hop minus the mouth pain, the wife is obsessed, and will be angry when she realizes there are only 2 other swing top bottles.

My CaliV(yeast)IPA starring:Organic Horizon/Citra/Amarillo hops. Currently @ 4 mo.bottled and still amazing. Possibly my best IPA yet. One of my few pretty near perfect. Down to a sixpack :(

While im at it may as well share, based from Homebrewers Recipe Guide:

1.6 gal. batch(2 gal fermenter) just mulitiply X 3 for a 5 gal batch : 0G: 1.061 FG: 1.009
Clear,gold,heady,lacey,and purrdy:

3# Organic GW malt
3 oz organic GW home- toasted malt (may have been part of the 3#base malt?)
3 oz organic GW crystal 40
5 oz organic raw sugar
.6 oz Organic whole Horizon @60 and .1 oz @ 15
.4 oz Citra @ 15
.3 oz Citra @ 0
dryhop Amarillo .5 oz 11 days
Washed wlp 051 caliV yeast from an amber batch ,low 60's ferment /low 150's mash

6-8 types of my home brew, from vanilla porter to Black IPA to Tripel. Tasting for my family on vacation :)

Yakima Glory-its growing on me. Love Victory brewing, awesome beers. Hop Wallop is one of my favorites.

Back